Facts matter.....tell me one about you

What do we have that’s worth that much?

Though tbh it wasn’t one of ours, but the Spanish version of the same ship that was here as ours were coming online to train people on. Only got to do a wheel over through a mate who translated to Spanish for me, so not sure how much it really counts.

1 Like

3 billion for a fucking boat? With pew pews? This defense malarkey is eccie business.

Have we ever just tried just like not trying to take each other’s shit?

2 Likes

hey! Dibo_returns returns!

2 Likes

That much fire power and you didn’t declare war on anyone???

1 Like

He could have at least lobbed a few shells in the general direction of Melbourne. What a wasted opportunity.

3 Likes

No one ever expects the Spanish Destroyer.

1 Like

Don Bradman gave me his autograph. I was a lot younger.

P5210088

Talked to and had photo taken with Joe Hasham.

I was Mitch Nichols’ first ever Facebook friend

7 Likes

First and only?

I once played pool in a pub in China against Mark Selby while Stephen Hendry watched.

Edit: Spelling

1 Like

I once stood next to Kit Harrington in a photo, and he said, ‘Shit, you’re tall.’

My wife played in the support band for Dire Straights in the Sydney leg of their 1986 tour.

2 Likes

All 15 Sydney shows? I can find out that much but my google foo is failing me the support acts .

I think it was 2 or 3 return concerts after they had done the rest of Australia. She played oboe in an all girl wind quintet known as “The Windbags”.
Something very different in support acts.
We had actually already been to the concert in their initial run through Sydney on that tour.

Would you believe that the first time we saw Dire Straights was a few years earlier when they played the Regent Theatre.

1 Like

We have a replica cannon here made from real wood from the HMS Victory. Only 4 were made.

A relative in Portsmouth was the one who made them. So his immediate family have one, we have one as a gift for my grandfather, a museum in Portsmouth somewhere has one, and the final one is somewhere in Buckingham palace.

3 Likes

How big is it?

Pretty small. Less than 30cm long

Very cool, I love stuff like that, unique things with a history. I collected a few things in my travels like a bit of the Berlin Wall and a pack of propaganda playing cards from China in the 90’s when it was still hardcore commie.