FFA Cup 2021 - This magic moment

Preliminary rounds are on in Queensland and they are livestreaming quite a few games. There’s one right now if you want some Saturday evening football:

https://youtu.be/hc2TJhxnoQs

Saw the schedule pop up on Youtube earlier, hoping AS Carina was founded by Pescara fans otherwise there’s some Medeama SC level plagiarism:

3 Likes

That Pescara one was done by kid for a comp recently wasn’t it?

I had no idea but Wiki says the kid designed the shirt, not the crest:

1 Like

Ah that was it. Killer shirt, incidentally.

“AC Carina Football Club and the Brisbane Abruzzo Association (The Club) are a non for profit organisation founded in 1979 by Italo-Australian immigrants from the Abruzzo region in central Italy.”

Abruzzo Abbrùzzu ) or Abruzzi is a region of Southern Italy with an area of 10,763 square km (4,156 sq mi) and a population of 1.3 million. It is divided into four provinces: [L’Aquila] [Teramo] [Pescara] [Chieti]

My brother is living in and supporting his now hometown club of Pescara after migrating there 2 years a go.
Check the Serie A thread.

1 Like

Magic pending

Go, you mighty IFS Community Wolves FC…

Go the Glebe Gorillas. That’s an awesome name.

1 Like

Particularly as the other Glebe club is called the Glebe Wanderers. I realise it’s an old football name, but it’s tainted forever as far as I’m concerned, like red and black hoops…and I was raised in Bears territory!

1 Like

GO KISSING POINT! :blue_heart::white_heart::heart:

‘Western Rage’ - fuck yeah now that’s a club name.

Sadly Holroyd Rangers missed the open goal of using the name Rage.

Rage Holroyd Rangers?

Forza HolROYD RAGE!

2 Likes

Granville Rage used to be my youth club. We definitely fulfilled the rage aspect.

1 Like

Glebe Wanderers are an old club https://www.glebewanderers.com/ I tried out for them in 1984 when they were in the Sydney Amateur League but despite setting up a goal in a pre-season friendly, got the flick. Lots of very good British players, Scousers, Scots etc there including a a couple of ex pros from the old NSW First Division eg this guy:
Waters, Laurie
Date of Birth: (England)
Position: Defender

Playing Record
1968 - Canterbury-Marrickville (NSW Div 1)
1969 - Auburn (NSW Div 1)

1973 - Yugal-Prague (NSW Div 1)
1974 - Granville (NSW Div 2)

I’m aware of this. Having said that neither Glebe club actually play in Glebe. Both based east of the CBD, I believe. The nearest amatuer club to Glebe is Sydney Uni SFC, it seems. Do Gorillas only have a men’s team? They seem to only have a men’s side. I’ve lived in the Camperdown and Glebe area since 2015. Been to some Sydney Uni games, women’s team mostly.

Gorillas play at Waverley synthetic i think. Otherwise there’s a few small clubs who get moved to the various centennial park pitches that are free each week.

Glebe Wanderers used to play out of Wentworth Park outer but a lot of it is covered with other stuff now.

Kiama away at Manly is going to be a hell of a road trip