FFA Cup 2021 - This magic moment

I think this is the final year it will be the FFA Cup, it will have a new name from next year.

Australia cup

3 Likes

I still like the sound of FFA Cup, and it does have it’s whole history as that. I’d be fine if they just renamed it’s actual name from Football Federation Australia Cup to something else like Federation of Football Australia Cup.

Or find a long term sponsor whose name starts with an F. Fujitsu FA Cup or just whoever the sponsor is the time, Bunnings FA Cup, BFA Cup etc.

1 Like

Needs to change to football federations of Australia cup

The plural will save the acronym.

1 Like

Unless someone else has claimed it, that our sport still hasn’t reclaimed our ownership of the Australia Cup name is a travesty.

They’ll probably re-name it to the APL Cup, and then allow a commercial sponsorship of it.

But it’s run by FA rather than APL.

1 Like

Even better than mine. Even though we are trying to make all state federations to be under FA.

With NSW in indefinite lockdown, Victoria heading for yet another extended lockdown, and lockdowns popping up in Queensland like pimples on a teenagers face, is there a chance that the cup will be canned yet again?

Or do we push the 2021 FFA Cup to 2022, and then start the 2022 version after the 2021 final has been played.

Some fixtures have been announced for September — obviously all non-NSW/Vic teams

Better than nothing I suppose. At least we’ll have some football to watch.

I suspect that NSW/VIC will have to play catch up games mid-week once the season starts. Assuming we’re not in a hub.

Fuck COVID.

Yeah I’m just keen to watch some Australian football, don’t care what it is. Probably good as a test case for Paramount Plus too.

2 Likes

Past couple of weeks have been a bit sad looking at Fotmob and seeing all those FFAC fixtures still on the calendar but crossed out.

1 Like

Tuesday 14th @730pm

I’ll be watching. Sad but true.

1 Like

Actually so keen for this. I haven’t been this excited for the cup in ages. Most likely because we haven’t had football in forever. Honestly don’t care who, just gimme football!

Also, 'Carn Peninsula. Wevenge on Brisbane for knocking us out at the R32 last time.

2 Likes

Very keen for this, would love to see Brisbane getting turned over

Literally who gives a f**k.
The cup is dead.
Got shitcanned last year and I’d be surprised if they finish it this year.

Fuck that, I want to win it this year

I have no real emotional investment or interest in the FFA Cup, I never have.

However, I just want there to be football happening in Australia, so I’ll take anything I can get!