FFA Cup 2021 - This magic moment

Avala playing in Lane Cove West tonight.

https://fb.me/e/1cosO7ZaI

APIA leaving their Italian soil and playing on a synthetic turf in North Tuzza. If anybody up north is passing on another mid-week Big Blue, this might be a good game to go to.

When do the play offs for the A-League clubs happen? Will they be televised?

I seem to remember Simon Hill saying on his podcast that it was this weekend. Genuinely not sure though.

Dates TBC

The 9th v 12th Playoff – Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory – will take place in Perth on either August 7 or August 8, and the 10th v 11th Playoff – Western United FC v Newcastle Jets – will take place across either of the same proposed matchdays at a venue in Melbourne.

I assume they’ve gone zonal for the Ro32 due to COVID, and the fact 2/3s of the country is back in lockdown, which is a shame, but understandable.

Zonal is fucking excellent. Every good FFA Cup moment has been local NPL vs local A-League. Every single Lambton Jaffas vs Brisbane Roar game or Central Coast Mariners vs Adelaide United game in R32 or R16 is a total waste of time.

1 Like

O-LYM-PIC

SOU-VLA-KI

1 Like

Malakas all round

1 Like

Us/ Olympic and South/City are definitely the stand out fixtures

Would love South to turn City over.

Jesus, imagine how unbearable smfcmike would be on the Twitters then.

1 Like

Speaking of the devil…

The old make it easier so my team has a chance of winning argument. Solid. Do they do that in the FA cup…I don’t bloody think so. How ridiculous!!

They should also force A-League teams to only play semi-professional players and to have a salary cap of $100,000!!!

2 Likes

A-League players should also be limited to two touches of the ball before they have to pass it, including controlling it and instead of a full goal, they have to score in a mini goal, or a ball on a cone…

2 Likes

Is it still going to be called FFA Cup? Or are they renaming it.

Just a hunch, but I think FA Cup won’t work