First Gear-Grind of the new Forum

And you can’t turn left until he does?

That isn’t true, what if someone is coming on the opposite side of the road but this side of the road is clear?

yes but essentially what is being said, is that the car turning right, should be required to let through all the cars on his left hand side until the way is completely clear, in order to ensure the cars turning left can turn, ignoring the fact that they also need to see in both directions to turn themselves.

The best solution in this should simply be first come first serve, whoever gets to the turn first should have greater right of way to inch out and check if the way is clear

There’s an intersection where I need drive straight but other cars want to turn left or right. There’s only one marked lane, but there’s enough room for two. I used to stay hard right so that cars turning left would be free to do so, but it would always seem that we’d both be in each other’s way, so now I just stay in the centre (it’s one lane after all) and take the first-come first-served approach.

Receiving letters that contain electoral propaganda, yet the actual envelope just contains a message indicating IMPORTANT voting information for the 2019 Federal Election. No prior indication as to who its from until you open it. And, you guessed it, it was the Liberal Party, with a post-paid envelope for postal votes, then a letter listing their lies ahem policies, and then two cards doing similar.

Bad luck for the Liberal volunteer that has to give out How to Vote cards at my electoral place on election day. They are going to fucking cop it from me. The same fate will befall any other party that does the same thing. Fucking cunts.

By the way, Liberal cocksuckers, my name isn’t Resident. Nor is it anyone else’s. FUCK OFF!

Decent rant

Not so highbrow but I hate it when you order a beer at the pub and the keg runs out halfway through the pour and you have to wait while they go and change it

2 Likes

Fucking this. I moved out Central West about 4 years ago. Every second cunt has a Pajero/Land Cruiser/Ranger, its fucking infuriating. The only unsealed road your “car” has been on is your fucking driveway you fucking wankers.

4 Likes

I drive a very small car. Just trying to back out of a spot at the shops requires a significant amount of blind faith…

Particularly when the staff can’t pour a beer and you’ve seen how much of a keg they’ve wasted getting their shit together…

Pulling out from the 45 degree angle parking on George St can be scary.

The outrage over painting parking lines on George st was hilarious.

Oh yeah most definitely. What’s the protocol there, is it frowned upon to tell them to try a different beer if they have already poured a half a glass or more of the original beer only for it to go to waste? I usually just wait

I’ve often had them offer me something else, and then just give me the half glass as well.

They still haven’t done it.

This. If you need a vehicle that is classified as a Truck to drive your family around you need to rethink what it is you are feeding them.

1 Like

I get the fire at Notre Dame was a shame, but fuck me the donations to rebuild have already got to $1B!? Whats the Catholic church worth? $30B $40B?

how about they take that $1B thats been raised and actually do some fucking good with it? you know, help actual humans and use their own enormous coffers to rebuild the church roof.

Catholic Church in Australia is worth an estimated $30b

Notre Dame isn’t owned by the church, it’s government owned

The car park in the building I live in in St Leonards is about 75% business parking. I reckon at last three quarters of the cars that are parked in those spots are 4WDs, utes, or large sedans, which are invariably carrying one person to work and back. Fucking ridiculous.

1 Like

Those things should be taxed properly *

( * N.B. I wrote that directly referring to the thread on 4WDs, but as it turns out, applies equally well to the parallel one on the Catholic Church).