First Gear-Grind of the new Forum

You’re still being courteous here and that’s the main thing. Happy to send Dutton an email stating you’re a hot French au pair and therefore allowed to stay.

On the Opal card thing, you have to tap on before a credit added online will hit your card balance. So if you don’t have the trip minimum, even though you’ve topped up, it will decline when you try and tap on. The only solution is to use a machine to top up if your balance gets that low.

This grinds my gears.

Points 2 and 3 also apply to train stations. My run is between Strathfield and Newtown with Strathfield afternoon a clusterfuck. I just ram through now and don’t give a shit. If you ain’t got sense to stand to the side you deserve to be shoulder barged.

4 Likes

Opening a door, realising that there is someone who also wants to walk through just behind me, so holding the door open for them to walk through first and saying “after you”. Person happens to be a young woman who looked at me with a scrunched up face and said “oh, what, ladies first aye” and then strutted off huffing.

Seriously, I was just being a polite human being. Are you not allowed to hold doors open for people anymore in fear of it being sexist? I do the same for guys.

Also known as a Larry David moment.

2 Likes

At the moment there’s renovations happening at Lewisham so one of the stairs from the platform down to the concourse is blocked so there’s room for people to go up/down in single file. Train empties, then leaves and people are going down the stairs in single file. Then some idiot decides with 10 minutes till the next train to try to push through up the stairs stopping people from leaving. FFS.

People are generally stupid and selfish. Keep that in mind and whilst still disappointing it helps with dealing with it

1 Like

Wow, just googled it. Now I’m concerned about doing the opposite! haha

On a work day, yes this is a hate crime and should be a bootable offence…

But come on, there are appropriate times when this is a classic…

Otherwise, top rant, 10/10, would read again

Supermarkets. Every cunt and his dog leaves their common sense at the door. Zero sense of personal space, every mouth breather floating around in their own bubble, so with giant trolleys or standing around in groups moving slower than a turtle.

Fuck them.

4 Likes

And then, when the home stretch is in sight, you realize some spastic is taking his full family weekly shop through the self service till and holding everyone up.

If you want to be a checkout bird, get a fucking job there.

Or you’re in a queue for the checkout chick but the person in front of you has three other people running around the store and filling their trolley as they queue.

1 Like

Waiting at an intersection for a gap in traffic and a pedestrian walks in front of your car so you can’t pull out. Everyone knows that you always walk behind the first car so that they can enter the intersection when there’s an opportunity.

1 Like

My wife smacked into someone doing that exactly. She was leaving a petrol station on Parra Rd and was inching forwards. There was maybe 50 cm between the front of her car and the end of the driveway. She’s obviously looking right and a girl walking from the left decides to go in front of her car. Thankfully my wife didn’t accelerate hard, but she definitively made contact with the girl. Girl was ok at least, slightly annoyed apparently…

1 Like

Similar gripe. When I drive to work I turn left onto a main road, while people can also turn right. There is no traffic light.

Every time some cunt goes to turn right, they always block the view of traffic. I inch forward so I can see again, then 100% of the time they move forward again too.

Fucking cunts

This problem is invariably exacerbated when said right-turner has some massive unnecessary monstrosity of a vehicle you can’t see past.

understanding the annoyance but you realize it’s working both ways there? You block his view and he blokes your view… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but as a left turner, one can be out of the way more expediently, thus freeing up the view for right turner too.

Not unless there’s multiple cars turning left

The guy turning right can’t possibly turn unless I do.