Fuck the Asterisks - The MLB Thread

Some epic beer showers in the crowd :beer::beer::beer:

Shit sport anyways. :sob:

Two crazy games today. Meanwhile the Yanks just sit there waiting :grinning:

I defended Dave Roberts last year but imo he fucked up the starting rotation (Ryu >>> current Kershaw) and also made a shitty call removing Maeda stupid early in game 4 for a pinch hitter… Urias and Baez immediately conspired to lose the game.

Today he paid for sentimentality bringing Kershaw out of the pen, he’s given up way more homers this year and back to back in the 8th was no real surprise. Kelly was then allowed to go too long after he’d dug his own hole… frustrating as hell after how good he was for the Sox last year.

All that said, we were a few feet short of walking it off in the 9th and maybe correcting things for the CS. Ah well, fuck it, good luck to the Nats. Bryce Who?-per.

Astros beat the Yanks in the ALCS, crazy 9th inning. LeMahieu levelled it in the top with a 2 run homer that squeaked out by a couple of inches over George Springers glove. Altuve then walked it off in the bottom with a homer off Chapman into the Crawford Boxes.

Nats vs Astros should be a great World Series. Nats were 19-31 in May, since then they’ve been really good.

1 Like

Thread title delivers

2 Likes

Yanks stranded so many runners on bases in that series it was ridiculous!! They had their chances.

Despite being a Yankees fan I can’t not like the Astros. Guys like Altuve and Springer, you can see they just love playing the game.

I’ll be going for the Nationals in the World Series though. Their first go round and all. I think the Astros will win, but I’ll be cheering for the Nationals.

Game 1 didn’t disappoint, Nats edge it 5-4 in Houston.

5 straight road wins. :astonished:

Astro’s in the box seat and take a 3-2 lead back to Houston. Nats were screwed by Scherzer being scratched due to injury, so it’s all on Strasburg on Wed to keep them alive.

Imagine there’s no home team win at all!! Crazy odds.

Strasburg is a machine. Away team now 6-0, game 7 tomorrow and looks like Scherzer will be right to start. If he’s 90% or above I don’t see anything other than him beating Greinke.

Cracking game today. Just so good. I still won’t write off the Astros, but man the away teams have just dominated.

C’mon Nationals!!

Just been blown open by the Nats. Huge couple of innings coming up

Cracking finale incoming

Nats win, crazy stuff. Can’t be unhappy for them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/30/world-series-nationals-astros-game-seven/

Fantastic series. Neither team played poorly. Great viewing!

When I saw the Nats playing Astros in the WS I thought what a dud of a series compared to a possible Dodgers vs Yankees match-up… couldn’t have been more wrong!

All the games were fantastic. Just great to watch. And to not have a home team win all series…just crazy!

1 Like