Fuck the Asterisks - The MLB Thread

Brian Dozier doesn’t seem to give a fuck that he had one solitary at bat at the very death of game 4. :joy:

Respect to Sean Doolittle too, he’s told Trump to GGF and will be giving the White House a miss. :+1:

Insane money being thrown at Gerrit Cole…

What a difference a year makes. Getting raped 14-0 by Auckland Tuatara, these cunts are making me remember what the Farina days were like, terrible in every facet.

Astros have been hammered by the MLB over widely reported sign stealing practices back in 2017. The GM and AJ Hinch both received one year suspensions from the league, an hour later both were sacked. $5M fine (max allowed) and loss of draft picks for two years also.

A separate investigation into the Red Sox in 2018 continues, I suspect Alex Cora (who was also with the Astros in ‘17) will have already cleaned out his desk in anticipation.

So the 17 and 18 WS wins both have a * attached.
At least the Cubs only employed wife beaters when winning in 16.

1 Like

I’d love to check a bit of that out. Can’t find anything on the schedule on the league site though.

https://assets.sydneybluesox.com.au/uploads/sites/13/2020/08/2020.21-Schedule-1-819x1024.jpg

1 Like

Feeling like there’s been a lot more blow outs so far this season. Anyone else getting that vibe?

Chris Taylor is my spirit animal.

Dodgers vs Rays in the WS, game 1 starting in an hour.

Rays in 6 games IMO, Kershaw to do a Kershaw at some stage in the series.

Anyone watch game 4 just now? Absolutely crazy scenes. What a game!!

Santa Maria!!!

1 Like

Words, I have none. :no_mouth:

That fumble gave me Nathan Lyon in the ashes flashbacks

Get. The Fuck. In. :beers:

Thanks to WWTD for the anti-jinx. :wink: It took some cojones to bounce back after that epic choke in G4, honestly expected to lose today and have all hopes riding on Buehler tomorrow. Feel for Snell who was superb, but the second he sat down and it was still only 1-0 kinda felt it was on.

Mookie is worth every penny and Julio is my favourite ever wife beater. What a guy.

Congrats, easily the best team all season and not just in the post-season.

I’m a neutral except a soft spot for the Cubs, but do like seeing the little guys get up (except if they’re the Astros).

They must have smashed a lot of HR records. Hits galore all series too, except today. Good entertaining series, just wish it went to a decider.

So Manny has some mysterious illness / injury / personal issue and will be out for an indefinite period. Season starts this evening.

1 Like

Sydney Blue Sox still in the New York Times but.

Private and confidential medical issue.

Roids, for sure.

1 Like

Haemorrhoids?