Grand Final - City vs Sydney FC - 26/6/21

Final in Canberra when I’ll be in Sydney that day, fucking of course that will happen

Missing my first GF as I can’t take the risk of needing to quarantine on my return home so fuck you Covid.

1 Like

I hope for City’s sake they get to host it. They deserve to host it, and will be justifiably upset if they can’t.

If it is moved, I hope it’s to Canberra. Whilst Sydney and Bankwest would be the logical choice, with us now teetering on the edge of a COVID lockdown - Thanks FedEx - can see the state Government knocking crowds on the head given the evolving situation.

Canberra would be an ideal location. Nations Capital, a nice day trip for Sydney supporters (providing you’re not in a hotspot location) and it would give the ACT population a chance to see some live football and show if they’re ready for an A-League team. A weeks notice wouldn’t be ideal, but it terms of a suitable ‘neutral’ location for both clubs and sets of supporters.

And hey, who doesn’t like an impromptu visit to Questacon.

6 Likes

You’re assuming that they’ll let people from Sydney to visit Canberra in this scenario. If we go into lockdown I’ll bet you that the ACT Government won’t let people from Greater Sydney in.

2 Likes

Where did this idea Canberra is a possibility of hosting come from?

Either this or the semi thread, I think

It presumably came from the fact that it’s on the road between Melbourne and Sydney and currently the easiest compromise for both sets of fans to travel and doesn’t currently have a capacity restriction.

After they moved City’s semi for the sake of a, frankly, minimal crowd, is there ANY chance they’ll have it at AAMI Park behind closed doors? The WL GF was closed doors at AAMI Park at the very beginning of COVID restrictions last year.

I don’t see the problem?

I bet you don’t.

I suggested it because I want to go

1 Like

Canberra implemented really strong restrictions when everything blew up in December. They will do it again. Can’t see them agreeing to host the final of it was going to bring an influx of people in from possible hotspots.

So it really is a no-win situation.
If the APL is unable to make a decision because of the volatile situation, they need to postpone it for the sake of the wellbeing of both sets of players. Of course, shit could get worse.

1 Like

Where’s the City team right now?

I assumed they’re still in NSW because they don’t know where the GF will be, but maybe they rushed back into Vic to avoid a waiting period. I honestly have no idea. But if there is then a waiting period required for players, won’t our boys be stuck? Insanity. I’m so tired, like everyone else.

APL can’t postpone it because the deal with Fox expires end of the financial year.

1 Like

Probably happy to extend it by a few days in order to capture a few more Kayo roll-overs.

1 Like

Good. TEN can show it. F**k Fox.

I don’t think we have the option of postponing it, otherwise City might have their semi postponed to this weekend and the grand final pushed out another week. I think that’s why Fox had them play the game in Sydney on the Sunday, also saving them in broadcasting costs.

If Sydney goes into lockdown in the next 24 hours, will the boys be able to travel to Melbourne?

So many questions, so many scenarios.

They flew home last night asap

1 Like