Grand Final - Perth vs Sydney FC - 19/05/19 - Match thread

“Dont worry mate, Fraser Anning will continue to be part of the political discussion just not in the Senate.”

1 Like

Has Santa ever attempted this penalty in the past in the league? Redmayne was on fire and so dominating in the shoot out. Credit to him for really improving all aspects of his game when signing for us. Hard work has paid off. :smiley:

1 Like

There’s a whole bunch of merch up on the club’s shop by the way:

https://shop.playbill.com.au/Sydney-FC/

I’m gonna get on that DVD for sure.

1 Like

Is there an option for the champions jersey with Brendon Santalab’s crying face on the numbers instead?

2 Likes

Im getting Santalab on the back of next years kit. #thanksBrendan

1 Like

I saw this posted on Facebook from the Freiburg ultras:

I love our inexplicable friendship with them.

21 Likes

The return of the Bridge Squat, how we missed it :smile:

Any background on how this came to be?

What’s the story there?

I’m sure others will have a better idea but my understanding is that some of their ultras came to Sydney for a couple of games and then some Cove guys went over there.

2 Likes

I noticed the half’n’half scarf in this photo last night and was wondering what was up with that. Nice touch.

1 Like

This should be put on a brass plaque above bay 23 at our newly constructed stadium

Sydney win, all Melbourne teams looking for a manager…

Cannot ever get bored of the euphoric high winning the league, ever.

The song is doing circles in my brain, and I’m totally fine with that!

Can’t really say anything that hasn’t been said already, but I love this city and I love this club. You’re all my brothers and sisters in sky blue.

5 Likes

We have the Clank & now the Panenka that has given us the Championship, too funny.

2 Likes

One of their ultras came and lived in sydney for a while, he became good mates with one of our core guys. he started coming along to a bunch of tifo’s we did. for his last game here he did a message banner for his mates back home. they responded back next game.

from then its almost been like an exchange program, whenever some of ours go on holiday to europe their fans look after us, and when they come to sydney the favour is returned.

22 Likes

Ah cheers for that explanation.

As prompted by the forum software, I welcome you to our community deadpool.

9 Likes

In a random thought, I can’t wait till Squires new cartoon in the Guardian.

1 Like