The Bundesliga Thread

Absolutely, but its hard to imagine anyone else but Mourinho taking over. I dare say any bad result was going to be a justification in their eyes to pull the trigger. This is Bayern we’re talking about, after all.

There’s reports going around that Wenger is their #1 target after Ralf Rangnick turned them down.
Mourinho will take over from Emery or Pochettino.

Scenes in the Bundesliga this morning as David Abraham flattens the Eintracht coach.

That’s a fucking dog act. Forza Freiburg.

That would’ve only been acceptable if it had happened to Kevin Muscat! lol

Is this the same Freiburg that…

There should be a banner about this at the next match.

Abraham has been suspended for the remainder of 2019, will miss 6 or 7 matches and only eligible again in January. The Freiburg substitute who also got red carded for retaliating while still on the bench got 3 matches. Seems about right on both counts.

Not a lot of surprises on the final Europa match day, but the big one being Gladbach knocked off (and out) at home by Basaksehir in the final minute. The defensive organisation from a recycled free kick and second delivery in was amateur hour, so many blokes standing and watching when they should‘ve been defending like their lives depended on it.

They did manage to go up the other end and hit the post in injury time, but maybe it’s better for them to be out and focus on the Bundesliga. They, Dortmund, Leipzig and Schalke are never going to have a better chance to knock off Bayern (and forza Freiburg!).

I watched the game. Gutted that we (gladbach) are out, but as you said, at least we can focus on the domestic competition. Gladbach haven’t won it since the 1970’s and only Bayern and Dortmund have won since 2009.

I understand it’s reviving an old tradition, but Bayern playing the Cancan as a goal celebration is unbelievably shit.

Erling Haaland sure has hit the ground running at Dortmund.

I’ll give it 18 months before Bayern call dibs on Haaland.

And that’s how fine the razor’s edge is.

Only a couple of days after they announced that they were going to recommence the competition 2 Cologne(?) players tested positive. That should have been enough to again postpone the competition but stupidly they pursued this “early” start putting the financial windfall from tv rights & gambling ahead of player safety & competition integrity.
I like to call it the NRL model.

This Dortmund - Schalke game feels like a weird mix of a regular season game, in that the tackles are snappy, and pre season fixture where you can hear everything and there’s a lot of rust.

Lovely goal from Haland. Finish wasn’t superb but build up was lovely.

Great to see Gladbach continuing their form :slight_smile:

I have to say, Kayo would be desperate right now for sporting content (and customers) so you think they’d be on their game and serve up the best product that they can now that the Bundesliga has restarted. I planned to renew my subscription and watch the mini of the Gladbach game and then some others this morning but there were no minis from the games overnight, only full replays (I checked before subscribing). With decent official 5-6 min highlights on YouTube which are free, I find it had to justify forking out for Kayo at the moment until I have an opportunity to watch a live game.

Bayern not content with buying all the other teams best played have bought Nagelsmann as their next manager

In fairness they’ve wanted him for a while now. They tried to bring him in for the 18/19 season but he chose to stay at Hoffenheim for one more season before moving to Leipzig.