Grand Final - Perth vs Sydney FC - 19/05/19 - Match thread

Does anyone know when the team comes back from Perth? Would be great to see some celebrations at the airport.

It wasnt a classic, but it was certainly memorable, and justice for last season.

Huge effort to get the job done away from home against the premiers. Corica defied mine and many others expectations. Brilliant season despite so many injuries.

Really hope we give the ACL are crack next year.

Fully agree, So proud that he represents our club

Crawley apparently picked Santa going middle

8 Likes

Amazing scenes. We definitely deserved it, especially after robbed goal. I don’t know how the commentators say that Perth was better - it was a tight game, but we had much better possession in their half - they had ineffective possession. We did make it harder by trying high crosses rather than in-behind or near post.

2 Likes

One of the best hires of the Arnie era.

3 Likes

You could see Grant planning that water dump on Stevie in the background of the interview. BRILLIANT!!

2 Likes

Club email

3 Likes

You couldn’t write this stuff, just so happy he did that hahaha

ESPN coverage finished just after the first studio post game discussions. Hopefully they show a replay of the water dump.

12 Likes

Santalab chipping the ball into Redmayne’s mitts! HAHAHA. Not quite as visceral as clank but still satisfying to watch and Redmayne just booting it away after it was perfect.

3 Likes

OH SANTALAB - WENT FOR THE PANENKA AND IT DID NOT PAY OFF

3 Likes

Great footage of celebrations in the dressing room on Instagram.

1 Like

Amazing.

4 Likes

for Ali Abbas

32 Likes

Yeh the boys!

Agreed Crawley needs more love, I knew he would have been the one all over Santa going middle.

And I love every one of you who travelled. What scenes. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Byun.
Ninko.
Reza.

Always get an import to kick your winning penalty.

4 Likes

I was going to pull the pin for work tomorrow. Then I thought there’s a better than average chance that I’ll working the plane they come back on… not missing that!