Grand Final - Perth vs Sydney FC - 19/05/19 - Match thread

The sad thing is that the FFA will claim a huge victory if the attendance is huge and ignore the utter shit attendance from the actual season

With negotiations underway for an improved/new FTA tv deal, that’s what they gave to do. In the short term anyway.

I was there as a wolves fan, Half time I was gutted and couldn’t believe What was happening and how high the final score may have been. At Half time ,Glorys then owner Nick Tanner was on the sideline with other directors celebrating with champagne, they thought they had wrapped up that final. We know how that ended and all I can say is suck shit

4 Likes

Are we flying Paul Reid over?

3 Likes

Authorities are concerned that members of the @PerthGloryFC supporter group ‘The Shed’ will bring flares into the grand final on Sunday, because that’s what they were wearing when their all their chants were created.

15 Likes

Ha ha,a mate was CEO@the Gong and in the corporate box with the Perff officials.Ofcourse the homeside was jubilant.The WW official said"looks like it’s going to be 3-3 at 90mns".

He was scoofed at!

1 Like

Lol at Perth coming out saying Castro is the greatest player in A League history, um he shows up for the second half of the season only, never defends, and is not Milos, Broich or even as much as it hurts to say Berisha.

It’s not a crazy statement though, he’s definitely up there or thereabouts.

He’s alright, but there have been two players in our team alone, in the past two seasons alone, who are clearly better than him.

Adrian only played one season so can’t be properly judged in that way.
As for Milos, if he was playing at #10 and didn’t have to cover for Zullo getting forward, he’d get more of those showreel moments. He’s remarkably selfless for someone with his ability. Must be a joy to coach.

1 Like

Yeah fair enough. I reckon you could either judge ‘best ever’ based on long term contributions or just the best ever season.

I think there’s a very good argument that Adrian had the best season anyone has ever had, but if you’re talking about longer contributions Broich, Ninko and (god forbid) Berisha have far better claims than Castro.

Yes he can and he was better.

3 Likes

decent breakdown here…

Yeah Adrians best single season import but if youre talking about the GOATs of the league they need longevity here. For that its Broich hands down probably followed by Berisha and Id have Ninkovic then Castro.

1 Like

Ummm, anyone up above heard of a guy called Rhyan Grant before?

6 Likes

Wilkinson has played in 5 GF’s would have to be up there if consistency over a long period is being considered

2 Likes

6 Likes

Alex Grant is the only out for Perth and we have none outside the long term injuries:

Just BTW, Foxtel is doing a bit of a GF marathon on Sunday, starting with the 12/13 GF at 1030am (WSW v CCM). If you have nothing better to do on Sunday, you can luxuriate in a couple of Wanderscum losses, seethe over 14/15 injustices, recover by laughing for 90 mins at the 15/16 GF, before getting rightly in the mood by rewatching the 17/18 GF and reliving the GREATEST NIGHT EVER IN THE SFS… Last years GF starts at 4pm, which would obviously be your cue to got to the bottle shop/Bat &Ball/fire up the barbie/ get some stress relief… before the main event at 1830 AEST.

3 Likes

Just scanning the list of famous people from Perth entry on the old Wikipedia to find fuel for Grand Final bantz, and beyond the familiar list of layabouts and crooks (your Bonds, your Connells, Lang Hancock and assorted co-familial parasites, the Farriss brothers) you get the definitive list of great Perthites:

• Tim Minchin
  • Sam Kerr
  • Brandon O’Neill
    (Triffids were OK but a totally overrated critics’ band)