Grand Final - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 30/08/2020

Worse than a Beathing… won’t it be Alireza Faghani in the GF?
Ninko’s ankles are probably swelling in anticipation of the kicking they’ll be allowed to get in the first half.

1 Like

They gave it to Beath, Ali not doing it is a bit eyebrow raising

1 Like

Shouldn’t it go to one of the two who did the semi’s? Beath did neither. If he’s not good enough for that why give him the GF?

1 Like

I’m not sure when they went on sale exactly, but in the members’ email for the semi it mentioned that the code worked for both the semi and the grand final. So as soon as the final whistle blew I booked my Cat A tickets using that code.

1 Like

Agree, I’d rather Beath than Faghani, and that’s saying something. Faghani frustrates me to no end.

City are shit. Kosta to score a double.

1 Like

Again with this Sunday GF bullshit

6 Likes

game looks pretty much sold out now, single tickets only in a few bays.

last night was a really good atmosphere with 3,500 there, should be great on Sunday with around double that.

Cove is extremely loud in a decent stadium with a roof, sounded amazing.

I wish Foxtel had just given up and allowed the final to be played on a Saturday night instead. Sunday nights is just stupid. Can’t wait for this deal to be over and done with. FFA Cup for a Saturday night as well while I’m at it.

1 Like

Anyone successfully buy Tix but can’t access them? All my links for mobile Tix say “check back later”

yep all good, was the same as last game, think they only started to work around a day before the game.

1 Like

∆ thanks for that . :+1:

It blows my mind how terrible Wanderers sound in that stadium. There was like 8 people there Wednesday and we sounded better than they have all season.

3 Likes

A GF at Parra is gonna be epic, absolutely buzzing for Sunday

Starting to really hit me that I won’t be going. First GF I’ve missed. Etihad and Perth were right up there as best nights of my life. Gutted. I’m going to be (even more) unbearable if this doesn’t work out.

Not being there need not mean you can’t enjoy it. I watched the 2010 final in an internet cafe in northern France. When ‘clank’ happened I leapt out of my chair, sending it skidding loudly backwards across a tiled floor and had to explain myself in bad French.

Then when we won I figured my friends probably wouldn’t be as keen as I was to start celebrating at about 9am. So I bought half a dozen bottles of champagne, tipped one over myself in the shower then chipped away at the others until it reached a sensible drinking hour in local time and I could meet up with people. Spent the next 12 hours or so celebrating the win and explaining to uninterested locals why they should care about my tiny football team from halfway across the world. It’s one of my best SFC memories and I wasn’t even there.

11 Likes

I was wondering about Mel C and WU fans at the game. I suppose they’d be expats who enjoy living in our fine city, with the border restrictions and all?

When renewing our memberships for next year, I upgraded the family to prawn sandwich seats (cause life’s too short to sit in the rain at Kogarah).

Sunday will be my last game sitting in the Cove for a while, so I’m planning to make it memorable one.

1 Like

A couple of AFL-isms aside, solid outing from Mr. Howcroft

1 Like

Yeah that’s a great piece. The club has somehow managed to become dominant for half a decade in a salary capped league while everyone else has consistently floundered.

1 Like