HAL Transfers and Rumours 19/20

Same same… it’s all European

1 Like

For all of McKay’s cuntiness, he deserves recognition for once pissing off Kevin Muscat on the pitch so badly he refused to shake his hand afterwards.

3 Likes

Good to see some overdue retirements recently - there’s still a solid dozen or so kicking around the comp who are overdue to hang up the boots.

McKay can do one, never liked him.

Djite has retired.

Was he still playing?

He last played in Indonesia and didn’t seem to score any goals. I’d say that was a sign for him that he knew he was done. Maybe he also got a bad injury?

Jets clearing out the following players:

• Vargas
  • Jair
  • Cowburn
  • Appiah
  • Adelson

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6088975/a-league-marquee-midfielder-among-six-players-to-depart-jets/

It will be a shame to see Vargas go. I thought he was quite good value, and obviously someone overseas thinks he’s good value as well. That said, for a #10 he contributed surprisingly few assists in his time with the Jets (1 out of 29 A-League games).

Good player, seems like a lovely guy but they need something different. Hope they get some good international pickups for next season

I liked Vargas, shame to see him leaving but understandable I guess.

Its almost silly season:

He’d destroy this league, just can’t see Brisbane’s purse strings being opened that far.

No way would that happen. He’s currently on 130k pounds per week and even halving that would put him way beyond the A-League’s reach.

Just silly. Maybe in five years.

I’m sure he’ll have been similarly paraded to Chinese clubs, who will pay that and more.

At least he’d be closer to justifying a marquee tag with pool money thrown in than Honda ever was.
Seeing him vs us in that end of season jolly 2 years back and he was so way above our players…

Class player and one of the best natural finishes I’ve seen in the last 20 years. Injuries have absolutley ruined him, although he seems to be through the worst of them now.

Zero chance of him coming here. He will run around at a Bournemouth or Brighton type next season.

Bonevacia confirms he’s leaving Wests. Hopefully rumours of him coming our way aren’t correct.

Yeah, that would be the most uninspiring use of a foreign spot since Tiago. No thanks.

Roar’s departure list now reads:

McKay, Henrique, Devere, Holman, Bautheuac, Babalj, Caletti, Lokolingoy, Tongyik, Mikkelsen, Nigro and Alex Lopez.

Fowler basically has the space to build a whole new team now. Some surprising departures there

Caletti apparently has interest from overseas. I don’t know what happened to DeVere. Maybe he was injured again?

I don’t think they are losing anything with the other departures. Beautheac was mostly disappointed given his CV. I think he got frustrated this season because the rest of the team was so shit. I expect he will go overseas if he hasn’t signed a deal somewhere else in the A-League now.

But they’re going to keep Jacob Pepper? Oh dear.