I got Hoop Dreams coach - The NBA thread

9-12 months on the sideline for KD.

Off season is going to be crazy in the NBA with the amount of talent up for grabs and the cap space some of the big boys have, and that’s without even considering the draft…

With KD missing the season, his destination becomes so interesting…

curious to see what happens at the celtics. They seem to be going hard for AD and it is roundly accepted that Kyrie is leaving… but i cannot see AD being anywhere but NY or LA for more than a year

This is going to be a tense last quarter

Kawhi and Lowry on 4 fouls already.

Thompson out injured… horrific luck for the warriors.

If the Raptors don’t win today, their mental state is going to be a concern going into game 7… as is the warriors ability to put a full team on the court.

GS are cracking

Fair play to the raptors… excellent team. Interesting to see if Leonard remains there

still… fuck drake

1 Like

Heart couldn’t take a game 7.

Thanks Kawhi!!!

Coming from football (and football officiating) perspective, that last foul call is just madness.

The game is over, the fouled team has won, and then you drag it out for a 3 minute review to maybe (or maybe not?) give them free-throws and put more time on the clock?

Kills the moment, and can only disadvantage the fouled team. WTF are they thinking?

Raptors eh?

Klay has a suspected torn acl

American sport is really good at sucking the emotion out of moments.

Basketball is a good sport ruined by timeouts.

I bet Toronto are happy about that trade for Leonard now.

Have they burnt half the city down like when the Blue Jays won the ‘World’ series?

You’re not thinking about the big picture - advertising revenue.

I can see the annoyance of it, but I don’t mind delays to make sure the calls are correct.

The timeouts are no different to time wasting tactics in football, in feigning injury or slow free kicks to disrupt the other team. At least in basketball its for tactical reasons and I wouldn’t say it sucks out the emotion of moments considering if Curry had of hit that last second shot everyone wouldn’t say anything about it.

Just think how great that last second winner would be if they hadn’t spent 40 seconds 6 times in the last two minutes discussing how to get there.

Valid point.

Just remember Jeremy Lin is now an NBA Champion as well now.

AD goes to LA for Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram and 3 First Round picks including number 4 this year.

New Orleans picking no.1 and no.4 this year, they’ve easily won this trade in my eyes.

I dunno if it’s going to work out, Lakers essentially traded away depth for class so if injuries strike they’ll bite.

I mean short term, AD hasn’t played a full season yet with his injuries.

How much will Zion actually contribute.

Can we get Kawhi to stay in Toronto!!

Lakers are going hard for a ring, I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up with Kawhi somehow, but by all reports theyre going for Kemba.

Pels on the other hand have the heart of a pre LBJ Lakers that were very good under Walton, Zion, the 4th round pick and Jrue Holiday. So much young talent and really no expectation

I can see Kyrie heading to the Lakers (which will make him a pariah in Boston) to try and get a ring…