Impact of coronavirus on Sydney FC thread

Yeah, have to disagree with the comment about Hill not preparing for games. He handwrites his notes with players, formations etc. for every single game. He’s a true professional.

Here are his notes from that K-League game:

4 Likes

He’s certainly the least wankish individual on that panel usually.

But he fills the air with mundane chatter, cliches and random gossip about players’ pasts rather than calling the game and - oh look Andy, they just scored!

1 Like

Agree that he doesn’t call the game blow for blow like he used to, there’s a lot more conversational stuff going on these days where he used to focus a lot more on just calling the game.

Oh for the love of God, give me one commentator doing the play by play and one commentator adding detail and all the chatty bands left to the pub!

4 Likes

*bantz

Kinda strange that NSW have restricted the NRL to having up to 50 people attend NRL games (in corporate boxes only) but allowed the AFL to have up to 350 fans attend the GWS game on Sunday.

i thought it was a limit of 50 maximum per box based on size rather than 50 in the stadium?

hmm, I read it the other way. Corporate boxes are pretty small - you’d have maybe 10-15 people usually?

In the smaller ones but remember a lot of them extend further back. Some of the bigger ones rival the size of small restaurants

OK, I think you’re right. I read a different article this time that was a bit clearer.

So, begs the question as to why they don’t just make it consistent across both codes? Why not just say the same to the AFL, instead of having the number capped at 350?

I think it’s based on what each code has requested isn’t it? NRL would be after the huge amounts of money from corporate clients with AFL simply wanting to get their regular fans through the door

All 350 of them.

With the next 2 weeks there is a good chance that there could be crowds back for the restart of the comp.

It will be interesting how the A League handles that. You could argue that if all games are held in NSW, it could provide an unfair advantage by allowing local teams (especially “Sydney FFA FC”) to have crowds.

Save for the kiwis, youd think they wouldnt need a “bubble” by the time we get to playing again…

Agreed. Unless we have drastic changes by state governments which allow teams to play at their home grounds.

The crowd limit not a national limit, each state has their own limit so at the moment South Australia’s rules are looser than New South Wales so they can have more people.

For the NRL in Sydney, BankWest’s limit is 500 people and I know this as I’m in the ballot to get a ticket. Apparently Souths have 15,000 season ticket holders so my chances of getting tickets for the next 2 games are close to none.

You got a platinum ticket do you?