Impact of coronavirus on Sydney FC thread

Yep, but this is not a guarantee of a win unlike having a Sydney FC platinum ticket. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well, at least you’re in with a shot.

Yeah I’m cautiously optimistic that we may get to see at least a game or two more of this season.

At the height of the crisis people were talking about maybe not getting to see any football in person next season as well. At this rate it’s looking like we are at the very least going to be able to attend some games from October onwards.

1 Like

Looks like we might be able to watch the football when it starts back up:

The state will also allow outdoor cultural and sporting venues with capacity of up to 40,000 people to seat 25 per cent of their normal capacity, paving the way for crowds to return to ticketed events such as football with physical distancing.

So that’d be about 5000 people at Jubilee.

Hypothetically how would that work? Members only?

Just have a guy out the front with the counter thing like supermarkets.

2 Likes

I thought we only had 5 fans anyway. So not much of a bother?

so that’s about 7500 at wankbest…so all the RBB can turn up…but i wonder how they’ll allocate the other 7450 tickets?

(was gonna make a joke about mvfc and their away support that they used to circlejerk over but those times have probably passed now)

seriously though - i get the feeling we haven’t heard anything official about the restart because of this reason…they are surely holding out until we can get more crowds in.

if there’s no massive spike in July (a small spike will be expected) i would say we’re effectively all guns blazing in August.

Yeah I imagine from the club’s perspective that’s the easiest thing to organise and we’ve already paid for our tickets so I can’t see them prioritising non members.

Oh man, I can already see the back page of the Telegraph with an Eels fan in a brand new replica jersey complaining he can’t get a ticket. :frowning:

4 Likes

And then a ballot system from there. So basically if you’re a member you’d need to request a ticket and would then be notified and issued with a ticket if successful. Assuming they’d use some sort of tiered ballot process so that Platinum Plus and the other higher categories would get more tickets drawn.

Still a question over whether the league would continue to be played in NSW only, and whether perhaps that would be deemed an unfair advantage to NSW based teams.

https://www.sydneyfc.com/news/deal-finalised-hyundai-a-league-201920-season-extension

1 Like

No word on Fox though.

Fuck fox. We’ve got their money for this year. If they don’t show it then they’re over a barrel and we can get the $114m for breach of contract and have the cash to set up our own production and streaming service

I hope you are right and it’s this easy. Foxtel come across as sneaky fuckers though. Who knows what small print is In the contract and what lengths they are willing to go to

Fixtures released tomorrow!

Arent they claiming breach of contract of the league though?

They’re claiming force majeure aren’t they? Which is a bit bs considering we now have games being played. My thoughts are that there may be a clause with games having to end by a certain date. I can’t see them being able to produce NRL, AFL and A-League, especially with, what sounds like, will be 30 games in 30 days…

We’re back on 17 July!

The Hyundai A-League 2019/20 season is set to resume on Thursday, 16 July 2020 with Sydney FC returning to action the following day against the Wellington Phoenix at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium.

The match against the Phoenix will kick-start an unprecedented run of Hyundai A-League match play for the Sky Blues and the league, with the remaining 27 games of the regular season to be held over an action-packed 28-day period before the end of season Finals Series.

2 Likes

31 days to go!!

I wonder whether I can time this right to avoid paying two months of Kayo.

EDIT: Just realised that Fox deal is not yet resolved, so might not even need Kayo.