Improving match day experience 2021/2022

I actually didn’t know this. I just remember it being played over the PA for the first time after winning an ACL game.

You mean to say we won an ACL game? At home?

I thought it was during the RoT when we sang former player songs etc instead of booing the team

Started even earlier than that.

Was sung often in similar dire performacnes alomg with ex player songs in the 2nd Lavicka season.

I think the first ever run out was in the Kossie era though.

2 Likes

Yep, this is my memory as well.

1 Like

I think the match day experience is ok, remembering that they are trying to go for a broader family market, casual fans, rather than football snobs that will go to the game regardless. As long as we don’t go to the extreme of encouraging kids to put junk food buckets on their head!

Just needs to be tweaked:

• the volume is often too bloody loud (music, announcer)
  • the timing of the music, where it sometimes clashes with the cove or the announcer

I like a few ideas of what could make it better:

• food and drink trucks outside the ground for more variety and less exorbitant prices
  • more double-headers with either W-League or NPL as a curtain raiser
  • free public transport again
1 Like

The public transport thing can’t happen again until COVID has been relatively put to bed I believe, Opal card tap-on is used as a way of contact tracing so they can’t have thousands of people clambering in for undocumented public transport especially if they’re piling into one place together.

That’s right, because viti was too nice to boo.

Fuck those ten games were fucking long.

2 Likes

I went to an away game against Urawa in 2016 and I was impressed by the way the Japanese organised their game day. They went for minimalism.

There were no music or announcements over the PA except for the announcement of players names before kickoff. There was no simultaneous broadcast of the game in the stadium, instead the big board showed three quarters of a black and white circle with numbers from 0 to 45, a second hand showing how much of the half had passed and a list of the player names for both teams. During the game they only showed goal replays which ceased when play resumed. There was also a post game ceremony where a club song was sung (see below photo) with game highlights on the big board.

I understand if the new broadcast partners want to promote the A-League on Live to Air as per the Big Bash or the MLS but please quarantine game day from this sort of hype. Keep it minimal. The kids games and toddler races at half time are fine. Otherwise, no music or unnecessary PA announcements.

3 Likes

though in terms of a post game tradition jubes is correct. Was something that started kinda organically, and specifically only after wins.

first time it was played through the PA was after the ACL game mentioned in the thread.

1 Like

They should play Seven Nation Army for something original and new!

2 Likes

Or Kiss from a Rose when we lose…

I think Archie should be our MC.

And I thought my comment about Berisha being a free agent in the squad thread was controversial…

Wait till you hear my Muscut to coach plan!

I think you’re missing the letter “n” somewhere there…

You think because I have a B.A. I know how to spell?

Bump.

If we have to have post-goal music it should be something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5nysD0ibVQ