It's OK to be White and other dogwhistles - the Australian politics thread

and getting crucified for it

I can’t wait for them to mention something about our right to bare arms…or bear arms? Should it be koala arms?

In the media sure, but the Tin Foil Hat brigade would be rubbing their hands with glee. This is exactly the kind of thing that they can get behind and cause some real fucking damage.

Great read, enjoyed this and part 2 a lot.
Looking forward to part 3 tomorrow.

I have heard that Pauline is going to confront Al about these allegations.

Three points:

• This has no new info regarding Engadine Maccas
  • This is posted upthread a couple of days back
  • Good to have you around again

Budget reply speech tonight. Shorten making all the right noises. I always enjoy the opposition’s budget reply because they can usually just talk a heap of shit, but with a Federal election likely to be called imminently, it was a good opportunity to unofficially launch their campaign. Leigh Sales asked if his popularity will prevent a Labor victory. Thoughts?

Not this time, but it might affect their longevity, especially given the global economy isn’t looking too hot and the Libs will be keen to run the ‘Labor can’t manage the economy’ line.

Tony Burke, Penny Wong and Tanya P are all better than Shorten… so if they can sell the team attributes then they might have a chance

Morrison using Winx as an example of “if you have a go, you get a go”

This election is going to be the dumbest couple of months in Australian history.

You reckon he is aware of the Eugenics deeply entrenched within the horse racing industry?

Got any data for that?

I bet, of those, only Plibersek is preferred Labor leader over Shorten.

No, I don’t tend to keep data on my opinions… suffice to say I will now prefix everything with IMO to avoid such breaches in the future :upside_down_face:

Albo or nothing

Tony Burke was great on QandA a couple of weeks back and had me wishing he was there instead of Shorten come the election.

Maybe labor isn’t as obsessed with presidential style elections as much as others are?
They may have realised what a mistake it was with replacing rudd etc

Put someone in the leader role who is a decent speaker. Puts the messages out clearly with a bunch of others in key positions who can support them.

Unfortunately he has all the charisma of a potato.

Given the current climate and state of the federal Coalition, Labour should be so much further ahead in Polls than they are. People just can’t come around to the idea of Bill Shorten as a national leader, whatever the policies and team behind him. Labour will win the election, but it shouldn’t be as close as it is.

I just meant I’d be interested to see it. :upside_down_face: