It's still nil all boys! - The Park Football Thread

Churches United, Division 5.

Is the standard of div 5 what I would expect?

No idea, registered late, so Monday will be my first game.

Seem to be alot more teams in mens all age, so I suspect it’ll be mid to bottom old Div 4 standard that we used to play in a few years ago.

There’s been a bit of shuffling in prem, 2nd and 3rd grade. Abercrombie Premier league team got dropped to 2nd grade after subsequent arse blastings and CSU were getting flogged in 2nd and dropped to 3rd.

Our 5th div played before us yesterday and came away with a 6-5 win. Cue the old “how the fuck do you have a game like that, you’re shit” comments when they came into the rooms before our game.
90 minutes later we walk back in on the right end of a 5-4 scoreline.
I wish there was a ratbag ref story to throw in as well but alas, just the 20 goals in 2 games will have to suffice.

Overall our season is ticking along nicely. Won the Cup last weekend, are undefeated in the league so far including wins against 2 of our biggest threats this season and even after a bye next weekend will be 3 points clear at the top. Early days, 1 game at a time etc.

This just popped up in my news feed and is magnificent. Should’ve done this two years ago when Norwest FC won the O35’s double:

1 Like

Won the league tonight with 4 games to go. We’re still undefeated as well with the solitary draw the only blemish on our record.
Despite it sounding like an absolute cakewalk we’ve actually been run close in quite a few games but managed to squeeze a win out when the other team deserved at least a point.

I saved a penalty today after doing the Redmayne Wiggles dance. Cancel football

2 Likes

Well out of season, but the Winston Hills Bears recently completed this absolutely class gesture at their home ground. RIP.

1 Like

Class.

The missus is looking for a new team in the NW Women’s Association, and we just found this:

WTF is going on with that logo? :joy:

1 Like

Looks ominous.

It looks Simpson’s-esque!

I think it might actually be for St Barnabas on Broadway near Chippendale though. The original church burnt down about ten years ago

The they rebuilt it like below

2 Likes

SFCU delivers again, thanks scooter!

Thats pretty cool. The new church looks pretty sinister though

So I’ve decided to play football for the first time in my life before (I am not from a footballing family so never played it as a kid). I had grading last night and AA10s at Marrickville here I come!

Grading was an absolute shitshow though. It ended up being a 9 side game for most of it. I was trying to actually play the position I said I would, meanwhile pretty much everyone else is tearing around like an absolute maniac, largely with selfish play. Don’t get me wrong, I was shithouse and had no need to show that any more than I did, but knowing who I was supposed to be marking and not being put into 2 on 1s all the time would have been nice.

Anyone else back playing again this weekend? I’m hoping everyone else has done fuck all to keep fit during COVID.

Yep. We’ve actually been training for a little while now so hopefully we’re not total dross on Saturday.

I was super keen to play again this year, but it’s really not worth it for ~10 games

We had the draw released earlier this week, 14 rounds scheduled + finals. So that’ll add up to around 14 games for us. Who knows what’s going to happen though.

We’ve been doing 2 sessions a week since training was allowed. I’ve only been able to make it to 1 a week though.

1 Like