It's still nil all boys! - The Park Football Thread

Yeah, we’ve been back training for a couple of weeks now, though I’ve only returned this week due to injury. First game on Monday night. Cannot fucking wait.

Yep this will be my first season playing ever and I’m pretty keen. We couldn’t get numbers together for training the last two weeks so yesterday was the first session since COVID and I am exactly as sore as you’d expect.

Bottom of AA Div 12 incoming.

0-0 and the captain missed a penalty. How’d we all do first game back?

We’re Monday night.

4-0 loss. Only 11 of us turned up so we were all gassed by the 70th minute.

4-3 loss. Fought back from 2-0 down to get 3-2 up before bottling it at the end. I got on the scoresheet for the first time in aaaages.

Recently joined a couple of 5 a side leagues after about 8 years off and I am bloody loving it. Want to keep playing forever.

Have noticed that if anything, my skills might be better after the hiatus which is really weird but my fitness has gone to absolute shit.

Has to be from watching Milos for the last 5 years. It all just seeps in.

1 Like

Maybe your touch gets better as you get older and slower, so there’s something for Jaush Sotirio to look forward to.

If he can still move at age 63, then yes perhaps his first touch will be acceptable.

Anyone on here played football in both Sydney and Canberra that could tell me how the grades compare? Moving from ESFA to Canberra state leagues or community leagues.
Also if anyone plays in Canberra and needs a player shoot me a DM.

Everything is a step down from Loko AA’s.

I really hope we don’t move the A-League season to winter, I’m going to have to choose between my own games or Sydney games a lot in the coming weeks and a push to winter would force that decision every week

2 Likes

I’m facing the same problem and barring some of the bigger rivalry games I’ll be playing in my own matches every time. Bring back the summer seasons.

1 Like

Yeah, this is something that I brought up in that discussion. I play on Saturdays at 1pm or 3pm and often struggle at this time of year - I often end up not playing so that I can go to a game. Even for 7pmkickoffs, if I play at 3pm it’s really tight for me to get from the oval, home to shower and then head to Kogarah.

Pulled my calf playing tonight. It’s the first time I’ve ever done something like this and it’s one of the most bizarre feelings I’ve ever had. It felt like someone threw a rock at my calf and apart from that initial ping there was no pain.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

It may be more of a tendon injury if there isnt pain.
Usually muscle tears will be painful and tendon injury just feels like tightness

yeah, lack of pain is a strange one. Can you move the calf/leg normally? I tore my hamstring a few years back and it was painful as hell. I could barely walk and was crawling along the field.

Sounds more like a tear than a strain.

I tore a calf once and it felt like I was shot. I felt a gurgling down my calf and it gave way. Horrible feeling.

I tore my calf a few years ago and I can tell you there was definitely some pain.