It's to Hot in Dallas in Winter! - The NHL Thread

Not the right opponent but a very accurate description of that series.

Talks around Tkachuck’s new contract are all the rage at the moment but I’m more concerned about the top line. Are these the guys that will get past round 1 next season? Not enough fight or size in them IMO.

Not fussed on who wins from here. St Louis would be funny as they finished 2018 31st in the league.

The thing that surprised me was unlike their last two playoff series it wasn’t the Flames goalies that let them down (I still think Mike Smith is a fucking fraud). Tkachuck’s contract will get done, no way they will let it get to another Nylander situation or getting an offer sheet.

The Blues have done it 4-1 winners in Game 7!

Congrats, Blues!

Not a bad start to Binnington’s career.

FTB.

Binnington peaked very early in his career. Was unplayable in game 7

The Toronto Maple Leafs have traded veteran forward Patrick Marleau, a conditional first-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft and a seventh-round pick in 2020 to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for a 2020 sixth-rounder.

Phil Kessel was traded to the Arizona Coyotes by the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday.

Pittsburgh receives forward Alex Galchenyuk and defenseman prospect Pierre-Olivier Joseph in the trade. Arizona also got a fourth-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft and minor league defenseman Dane Birks.

I’m biased but I think this is a pretty fun interview.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/videos/shows/hockey-night-in-canada-video/

San Jose look a bit shaky early, 0-3 with just 3 goals scored, 12 against. In the Pacific, Knights and Flames are locks for the top two IMO. After them, it’s pretty wide open.

Quite impressed by the Avs start to the season, 3 wins, scored in all 9 periods for the first time in 20+ years.

They could be dark horses for the Stanley Cup this year.

This goal…

1 Like

Winter Classic jersey released today, logo is a tribute to the Dallas Texans team from the 40s.

After our dog shit start to the season, we’ve won 7 of the last 8 and back up with the rest of the decent teams in the Central.

Don Cherry went off the rails on Saturday night, ranting about people not wearing remembrance day poppies (much bigger deal here than back in Oz) which morphed into taking a potshot at immigrants. Sportnet just announced he’s no longer with HNIC.

The guy’s had a screw loose for a while, sounds like he’s finally flipped. At least people don’t have to look at those hideous suits any more.

Surprised that Sportsnet were surprised by an old racist dude being old and racist.

Surprised out of all of his rants that this was the one that did it.

I just wonder, they have a rundown right? First Ron would need to approve it, and at least one producer I would have thought? It’s live television, surely there is a plan for it.

https://therussianfive.com/

This is a great documentary around the red wings recruitment of Federov and the other russians players in the late 80’s/early 90’s

quiet americans