It's to Hot in Dallas in Winter! - The NHL Thread

Feels a bit like the Flames have given up on Peters. If this racism storm takes him out I won’t be too upset.

Booked my flights to Dallas yesterday for the winter classic, then wake up this morning to see our coach get punted for “an unprofessional act”. :man_shrugging:

Hockey’s coming back Jan 13! With shiny new Covid “safe” divisions too:

North: Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Winnipeg Jets, Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks
East: Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals
Central: Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Florida Panthers, Dallas Stars, Nashville Predators, Tampa Bay Lightning
West: Anaheim Ducks, Arizona Coyotes, Colorado Avalanche, Minnesota Wild, Los Angeles Kings, Vegas Golden Knights, San Jose Sharks, St. Louis Blues

Sorry to see the Blackhawks Blues games gone but happy to have the Redwings back in the division.

The NHL has fired referee Tim Peel after hot mic caught him saying “ It wasn’t much, but I wanted to get a fucking penalty against Nashville early. “

Minnesota Mild are finally worth watching!

Will be interesting to see how they cope with the Avs who are absolutely on fire right now, after losing big to them in the last 2 games, it’ll be interesting to see if home rink advantage comes into play.

Avs are scary good. Wild have incredible home form but without Zucarello around to pass all day long to Kaprizov, they’ll need plenty of quality shifts from Fiala, Greenway and Erikson EK especially. Blue line is the most solid I’ve seen in years with the addition of Cole now and finally fucking off Devan Dubnyk (the pasta strainer with puck size holes) they look capable of a solid playoff run in the next few seasons.

If anyone wants to watch every NHL game for free, I use this site, rock solid great quality minimal ads, its castable and works in almost every browser

Well they split the series one apiece but the Wild absolutely shellacked the Avs in the 2nd game, that said the Avs haven’t lost since.

Funny enough I’m watching Dubnyk goaltending for the Avs against the Blues, he was brought in because Grubauer caught COVID and because they learned from last years playoff shitshow with 2 injured goalies.

Picking up Sodeberg and Nemeth seems like good business too.

So the West has solidified their top 3 with 4th still up for grabs. There’s a large divide of quality between top and bottom that just further separated the top 3 particularly. Will be very interesting seeing all these fresh new match-ups in the post season.

Can always count on one thing in life.

Toronto failing to close out a play off series.

1 Like

Hell of a choke. Would they trade Tavares? Can’t image Matthews is going anywhere but there’ll be some kind of move, surely.

Would Toronto do something like Matthew Tkachuk for Nylander? Who would have to add? I’m a Flames fan and it pains me to say that I’ve all but given up on Chucky.

The Late Hit on Evans for the Habs v Jets yesterday in G1 was sickening to watch.

And from a player who really isn’t known for dirty play, hope evens is OK.

The Avs are living up to expectations, 2-0 up on the Golden Knights, Grubuar hasn’t lost a playoff game so far, and yesterday he was just spectacular.

Avs will make the finals, no doubt. I don’t think Vegas can win 4 of 5 and whoever gets through from Canada will be catnip.

Whoops… sorry Jubal

I’ll try again: The Flames won’t sign Taylor Hall and won’t win the cup next year.

This aged well

New season, new team (Seattle Kraken) new Avs players for me to research.

Avalanche v Chicago is 3-0 to Avs after 10 mins with 16 shots to 2.

Gonna be a long season for the Hawks. But hockey is back!