I've got a bad feeling about this – The Star Wars Thread

Oh and if the lightspeed trick Poe used at the start of the movie was so awesome, why did the fucking TIE pilots also know the same trick and follow him? FFS …

I understand some scenes with Lando were edited out, but your assumption on their connection us correct.

The actor who plays Wedge absolutely loathes star wars. I’m surprised they even got him back for that small scene.

Agree on the Knights of Ren. They were so underwhelming.

The Mandalorian was fantastic. Can we have a Taika Star Wars film please.

[spoiler]Also, any gravity and emotion from C3PO taking the last look at his friends before his memory is wiped gets completely undermined when it turns out he can be plugged into R2 and restore like you little sister’s iPod.

Only up to Episode 4 but I’m enjoying the Mandalorian so far.[/spoiler]

Last 2 episodes of the Mando were great. Huge tie ins for Clone Wars and Rebels at the end.

I thought the series was starting to slow a bit in the middle, even though I dont mind the stand alone adventure style episodes. But it picked back up again, especially episode 7.

Apparently season 2 will be out around September 2020. Not sure when the Cassian series will premiere, but hopefully before that.

Just watched the latest Star War.

It’s pretty good. Not sure why people are saying it ignores the previous episode - thematically it seemed really like a doubling down.

Thought they squibbed it with the ending though. And they did do Rose dirty.

All in all, not the worst ending to a pop culture juggernaut in 2019…

Finally got to see ROS last night and while I left TLJ not being too sure if I liked it or not, ROS just gave me a feeling of; “Yeah, that was OK.” The feeling wasn’t as bad as the ambivalence I felt when I saw Solo but it was still there.

A few thoughts

[spoiler]There’s definitely a lot of fan appeasement in this film; the whole sidelining of Rose, making Rey a Palpatine to justify why she has so much power so people stop calling her a “Mary Jane”, Ewoks appearing at the end of movie and even Chewbacca’s finally getting a medal for his exploits in a New Hope. You can even say Chewy’s reaction to Leia’s death being more realistic/heartfelt than what happened when Han died.

Even from someone who’s not a huge fan can see there are holes everywhere; for instance Rey can’t sense that Chewy is alive when she crashes that transport but feels his presence on the other ship later?

Also this might be blasphemous but killing Chewy would have worked within the storyline but they were too chicken shit to do and they didn’t want to cop the wrath of the fan boys…[/spoiler]

Signed up for the 7 day free trial on the Disney + app and smashing Mandolorian with the kids in school holidays. Also watched one of the LEGO versions with them, The New Yoda Chronicles, and it’s pretty funny. Takes the piss nicely and quite hilarious in parts. Worth watching.

[spoiler][quote=“Sydney_Rovers, post:68, topic:160”]
Also this might be blasphemous but killing Chewy would have worked within the storyline but they were too chicken shit to do and they didn’t want to cop the wrath of the fan boys
[/quote]

Seppos are pussies.[/spoiler]

Disney are going to have to do a lot better in future to make me want to go and see another Star Wars film at the cinemas. The Last Jedi was polarising to say the least, but at least it was better than Solo and RoS. JJ Abrams played far too safe with RoS, as I feared. Yet it also managed to be chaotic and nonsensical for much of the movie. It was a really poor effort. I wasn’t even that enthusiastic straight after leaving the cinema.

I also don’t agree that JJ Abrams followed TLJ all that much. After TLJ, the most important thing to come out of it was that Rey and Kylo Ren had the space to build their characters based on their own decisions, they were the star attractions and had no metaphorical ceiling over their heads. Bringing back Palpatine was a severe error and once again destroyed any freedom Rey and Kylo Ren had to grow the way they could’ve and should’ve been.

Disney’s whole strategy seems to be dependent on people just sucking up everything that has Star Wars on it no matter how good or bad it is. They somehow turned RoS into a financial success but its also pretty clear that more people dislike the movie than people who like it. The penny will drop very soon with people that its just not worth dropping $20-$30 or whatever to go and see an average movie at the cinemas, just because its Star Wars. The penny dropped with me after Solo and while the hype brought in some anticipation for RoS, it didn’t deserve the hype at all.

And another thing, why did they put Hannibal Chew in RoS?

They clearly needed eyes.

1 Like

Well, he is your eye guy.

The Mandalorian is so fucking good.

Excellent!! Can’t wait to see the new episodes.

Some of the production/acting seemed stilted and thin. Saved all the cash for the CGI at the end I guess. Also seems to be set in a different timeline to what I thought it was. Still good though.

Good to see the marshal from Deadwood is still a marshal in the outer rim.

Don’t tell me Timothy Olymphant is in it.

I’ll have to fucking watch it now.

Yep yep

FFS.