Life on two wheels: the motorcycling thread

Can I interest you in a 2003 Suzuki gs500 with 26,000km for only $9,990? :joy: jks that’s fantastic though mate, and at the end of the day money is just money - if something brings you pure happiness it’s worth the world. Maybe don’t listen to me though I am the worst with money, maybe ever.

1 Like

The old gs500 might just be the only one of the classic learner bikes I’ve never owned. And never will.

I’ve ridden a loaner GS500 when getting my inazuma serviced.

The extra 250cc was nice, but not super noticeable and you knew you were riding a midsized aircooled motor.

Best thing about the inazuma is that it’s smooooth. Especially as I’d been flogging a CB125e down the freeway before I bought it.

Great bike. Yours for 3 large. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I take another of your 4cyl 250cc Kwakas before a bloody BMW. You can walk to the cafe. Don’;t have to ride.

Did my test on a GS500. Remember shooting down Mona Vale Rd afterwards seeing what I could get it up to.

With Rego, Percy Jack were very good to deal with. When I still had a bike they were in Redfern but I think they’ve moved

A 500 that feels indistinguishable from a 250 pretty much sums up the GS500 in my experience.

Harsh, feels a fair bit quicker than any of my mates’ 250s-300s but fair enough. I’ve quite liked it, but I think my time with bikes is coming to an end - I made it all the way through Vietnam with only one minor fall!

I’m riding an SV650. Bought it new way back in 07’. It’s a nice sized bike, and the torque characteristic of the V twin is what impresses me most. Now has circa 80,000kms. Still going strong.

Anyone got an amazing mechanic they’d like to recommend? Have checked my bike in at flywheels later this week, hoping they’re as good as their google reviews suggest.

There’s a guy on Crystal Street, Petersham (Motorcycle Empire) who is pretty good, has done my safety inspection twice and a good service both done very efficiently. Only thing is you have to book 1-2 weeks in advance as he is quite busy.

Other one is a mates Dad in Artarmon, Lloyd Penn Motorcycles, theyre very good.

1 Like

I haven’t been to Lloyd in years but when I did they were exceptional. Percy Jack also very good.

There’s a Canadian online store called Fortnine.

They have a guy that does youtube reviews for them called Ryan F9. If you’ve not come across him you should get about him cause he’s great.

The cinematography, editing, scripting and presentation is superb.

56 & just bought my first bike.
Anyone left here still riding…?

1 Like

Go on then, show us your ride.

I need something nice to be on the internet, for a change.

Nice one, mate!

Give us a geez for sure.

And I’m still riding, but it’s sure as hell not as fun in this rain, hahah

1 Like

It’s too wet….

:sob:

Nah, I transferred the money this morning (:nauseated_face:) but I received another email just before lunch to say they were still having some hold ups with extra fittings that I asked for (metal oil guard cover…they couldn’t get the matching colour) but would be done this arvo…then she asked how enthusiastic I was to pick up in this weather…

I’m still on my Ls & the only street riding experience I’ve had in the past 33 Years was the road test I took from the showroom last week.
I have nil wet weather experience.

Tough. I’d probably put it off not just for personal skill reasons but for the cagers who all lose their minds and forget how to drive the minute there’s any water on the road.

Yep, not even being a rider I see that driving my truck.

Worst wet weather ride was picking my bike up from North Sydney and having to ride to Gladesville. It was absolutely hammering down in the middle of winter with no jacket or gloves. Both hands were numb… Absolute stupidity on my behalf.

Tis only water.