Macarthur FC Thread

I’m guessing the stars represent the three council’s in the region, Campbelltown, Camden and Liverpool.

The bull on the other hand, what is going on there?

Looks like an MLS badge, and I don’t mean that as a compliment.

2 Likes

When was the last time a logo release was complimented though? Its better than Roars MS Paint job

Off the top of my head, Western United was fairly well received and I like the City logo, but I take your point.

There’s some terrible logos in this league (Brisbane, Adelaide) and this is better than those ones.

I can’t wait to hear the marketing bullshit on the stars

My first though also

That looks like they started with the Wolves logo and just morphed it into a bull.

really wish both the new clubs were coming in next year.

Logo is decent. We’ve had worse.

Obviously early days but do people predict our “derby” with them coming to much? Think their derby with WSW will be the bigger one in the city whilst Victory will still be our main rival

I’m not convinced it will be as heated as the current Sydney Derby, certainly not overtaking it. The Western Sydney Derby will likely be amazing to watch though.

Still very early but I’ve not seen any indication of active support for them, & that’s what really drives a rivalry

My insight into this having grown up in the area and living there again now as an adult – I don’t think their will be much ‘active support’ as I think a lot of the Macarthur fans are going to be quite new to football.

One of the strengths of this bid was that is a large region with high sport participation but basically no professional team to support and quite an appetite to have a team for the region to get behind on the national stage, no matter the sport. So I think you will see a small supporter group similar to the smaller A-League clubs but I cant imagine a Cove or RBB type group really forming this soon.

I am still not a fan of the colour scheme or the bull… but I wont be jumping ship so it probably doesn’t matter

7 Likes

Except for a professional team called Sydney FC. Macarthur is a region of Sydney after all.

Oh c’mon. You know what he means

It looks like a sad golem getting arse blasted when upside down.

2 Likes

It’s wearing a tie. Looks like Humphrey B Bear spreading wide. :joy:

2 Likes

Active Support to be called the Carabao Originals. They even have a logo already.
381010011_0_640x640

Anecdotally, when I sent this to my three mates in the area that are football people and have lived in Macarthur their whole lives, the response from all three were along the lines of “Macarthur was famous for sheep… what the f.ck does a bull have to do with Macarthur as an area”.

There is local aboriginal significance – but I doubt many people know this (and I would be very surprised if the club mention it) …

https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/heritageapp/ViewHeritageItemDetails.aspx?ID=5063573

Bulls would work if Macarthur wasn’t in the name … but that name is so intertwined with the Merino industry it seems like terrible ‘mixed branding’ … but again, I might be reading waaay to much into this.

They didn’t go with a Merino due to “sheep bonka” is taken by a couple of islands…their choice was between a bulls head and what comes out the end of a bull…now that was taken too.NORwest wankies claimed that one!