Newcastle Jets: rap battles pending

This has to be the new, ‘most A-League thing’ that has ever happened.

Now without rap battles

The problem with the NRL is that there probably would have been 10 clubs that were willing to throw stupid money at him as well. I mean the amount of times rapists, piss drinkers, dog f*ckers, drink drivers etc have been offered contracts by competing clubs is nothing short of astounding

1 Like

Normal behaviour for that sport!

1 Like

Hoolahan looks set to miss 12 weeks with an ankle injury

It’s now believed he’ll be out until the new year

Poor carnts are very unlucky with their foreign signings. Would have liked to watch him play in this league.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s fucked. 37 and only on a one year deal, that could just about end him.

That is unfortunate. Also a shame they missed out on Nabbout’s return (if there was an offer there).

Apparently Newcastle are in the market to replace Hoolahan, presumably with an injury replacement marquee.

That’s really shithouse about Hoolahan, was looking forward to seeing him play.

Jets fans have once again rebooted their active support. This time they are called Terrace Novocastria and, unlike recent years, it seems they are going to have a capo and a drummer.

1 Like

This is good news, hopefully they succeed & stick with it rather than pack it in and blame the ffa/police/lizard people like some other groups tend to do.

As one who was previously involved, the ffa/police/lizard people issues contributed a slow decline in numbers that required packing it in for a short while. Its only recently that the “powers that be” have recognised the benefits of working with active support to build atmosphere rather than throwing as many roadblocks in front of those who are only trying to make things better.
Good luck to them, and I hope they can draw more people to consistently join the active support on gameday.

The thing is, The Cove have managed to work with the “powers that be” for years. Yes, there’s been a few issues here and there, but they’ve never just thrown the toys out of the pram like other active supporter groups have in the past.

1 Like

Ys, and it helps when you have your club hierarchy working with you to push back against and mediate differences between yourselves and the aforementioned ffa/police/lizard people.
Newy hasnt had that until recently (Lawrie), the Tinkler days were especially bad and made it difficult to recover when the team was absolute shite for four seasons with no-one turning up to the active bay.
A lot of the people previously involved were too burnt out after all this and saw less and less benefit in volunteering their time for zero return to continue to hold it together until the brighter days came around. Plus at that point there was simply no one willing to put their hand up to step in and do the legwork to reboot the whole thing.
Now there is finally, I just hope they stick with it and can build back to previous levels of involvement.

2 Likes

Yeah, it does take some solid leadership; people who are willing to put a lot of effort into working with the club and various groups. Trust me, I’m glad that the there are people willing to do that with the Jets.

1 Like

Ernie sacked

He’ll be at Bankwest within the month

1 Like