Only in America

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in his prison cell - apparent suicide.

100% murdered

2 Likes

True Detective (the good seasons) IRL

Good luck to whoever is tasked to work out who did it though. The list of people inside that would be happy to have knocked him off without any outside encouragement would be almost as long as the number of people on the outside with a lot to lose if he did reveal all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/21/us/politics/trump-greenland-prime-minister.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

At one point last year, according to a former official who heard him, he even joked in a meeting about trading Puerto Rico for Greenland — happy to rid himself of an American territory whose leadership he has feuded with repeatedly.

The world right now is seriously surreal. I legit read the article about the buying of Greenland and was searching for the link to the Onion or the Chaser

1 Like

you gotta nuke something

My favourite quote on this comes from the Guardian piece on the same news:

Axios quoted a senior official who defended Trump’s ability to ask tough questions: “His goal — to keep a catastrophic hurricane from hitting the mainland — is not bad. His objective is not bad.”

Damning with faint praise.

Thanks Nelson

1 Like

Admiral?

He seems to me the kind of President that would inspire a military coup who are fed up with the idiocy of their civilian leadership.

Fixed

So Trump has sacked Bolton.

I guess that’s a good thing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/us/politics/trump-ukraine-house-investigation.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

“In letters to the State Department and the White House, the chairmen of the House Foreign Affairs, Intelligence and Oversight Committees asserted that it would be “a staggering abuse of power, a boon to Moscow and a betrayal of the public trust” if Mr. Trump was withholding the military assistance to “improperly pressure the Ukrainian government to assist the president’s bid for re-election.”

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

It’s long, but a good read nonetheless…

1 Like