Other Australian clubs in the ACL - 2022

They saw the opportunity to travel and really… nvm.

If not for two decent saves by Jamie Young and a free kick that just didn’t quite dip enough, this could have been 3-0 to Ventforet Kofu.

I don’t want to jinx us, so let’s just say I’m looking forward to our cup semi against City on Sunday.

Former Jet Liridon Krasniqi on the bench against Mariners

Fun fact - Mike Mulvey “coached” both clubs.

1 Like

Nathan Paull keeping Dan Hall and Cameron Windust out of the Mariners side, starting again after the Cup game in Wollongong, although this time next to Kaltak. Hoping he does well up the freeway.

Torres looks like he is going to be a very energetic flop who disappears from the starting CCM XI in round 6 to never be heard from again.

At home against a team that finished 18th in the second division… Maybe I shouldn’t feel so bad about our rubbish performances in Asia

Classic AFC noncery. The 90 mins was up as was the 4th officials board showing 5 mins injury time just as one of their players had a roll around. Game didn’t re-start until 91:30 on the clock.

Referee then blows full time right on 95 minutes, immediately after Mariners win a corner which he doesn’t let them take. :roll_eyes:

Macarthur looking good early in Myanmar.
Interestingly game is being played in Yangon, quite a distance from Shan United’s home.
Crowd sounds pretty light as a result.

And 1-0 via penalty to Germain at the 20min after a nasty tackle just inside the box

To be fair, this stadium looks pretty dilapidated, their home ground mustn’t be AFC Standard.

Shocking tackle on Davilla for the penalty. Macarthur look comfortable, but Shan may catch them out on the break.

The humidity must be shocking. Games basically being played at walking pace.

Suspect so. Home ground only seats 7,000.

This one is actually a 50,000 seater, but built in 1985 and is Myanmar’s effective national football and athletics stadium.

And still 28°C and 85% humidity at 8pm

1 Like

And two more decent goals including one very late before a bit of push and shove to give Macarthur a 3-0 win and take it to qual top of the group, same score as the Cambodian team

Once again proving that only the rankest teams in the A-League are able to get results in Asia.

1 Like

Any Macarthur fans found their way to Burma for this one?

?

2 Likes

Even the dailymail are using the A-League/AFC to sell ads!

Also worth mentioning that Shan state has seen a fair bit of the fighting in the civil war. May not have wanted to risk it from a safety point of view

1 Like

If they were allowed in at all… I thought it was basically closed off to foreigners?

Just browsing through the results and found Shan United Wiki.

Their home ground doesn’t have floodlights.

2 Likes

Equally seems MacArthur are playing in Manilla rather than at the awesomely named Dynamic Herb Sports Complex in Cebu… FIFA standard artificial pitch but only seating 550 and looking at Google Maps limited lighting.

CCMs Phillipines team home ground is scheduled but just in the outskirts of Manilla.

1 Like