Paramount+ Announces Sky Blue: Inside Sydney FC

Do they do a team huddle before every match with Wilko shouting out” come on let’s fucking win” like the Spurs version?

Great to watch and I’m glad they made it, but geeeeeez, it doesn’t make me think any better of Corica as a manager or leader of the club.

1 Like

Does Ninkovic use a translator throughout?

3 Likes

He swears a whole fuckin’ lot.

Agreed, thought it’s a decent production thus far. Moves quicker and not quite as in-depth as the All or nothing series though.

Interestingly, Anthony La Paglia narrates it. I’m guessing he still has good links too the club. The ending was interesting, seriously looked like the board were definitely starting to ask questions about Corica’s tenure.

No, but theres was a clip of him walking through the dressing room shirtless, which made me feel giddy and dirty at the same time.

3 Likes

1 Like

Watching the episode on my way home and my main takeaway so far is that Jorge seems like a fucking legend.

Edit: Juric also seems like a top bloke.

1 Like

I must admit I’ve never heard Bimbi referred to as Mr Sydney before

Edit - Just finished watching. It’s bloody good tbh. I really enjoyed all the behind the scenes stuff. Bimbi’s swearing seems a bit forced at times but apart from that great stuff. Geez some of those early results still hurt

It’s good they are covering the women’s team as well. I didn’t realise how much effort they need to put in with full time work as well

1 Like

Thank God Vince Rugari is there to describe us as the non-immigrant, non-working class club. Wouldn’t want the documentary to be too reasonable, huh? Must’ve imagined all the Chileans, Serbs, Arabs, Persians, Brazilians, Italians, Greeks and Asians at games.

1 Like

Just finished watching it. Man, how good is it to have a production like this featuring an A League club? And not just any old club, but Sydney FC! I think it’s brilliant, and I’m honestly really surprised by the closing scene where the board is discussing Corica’s contract situation, it great that it was included.

This is the type of content that really adds value and helps to make the league more relevant.

2 Likes

I thought that was weird too.

Episode 2 has dropped

1 Like

So many good moments this episode. Love the Sydney FC Foundation part of the episode and the lucky undies…

2 Likes

I’m glad the board backed him in the end but lol at those business men talking about his football tactics. # team Bimbi!

I must admit I am really impressed with Juric, always so positive and encouraging, even when the girls lose. Personally I would much rather play for someone like that as opposed to someone like Corica or Mourinho/Arteta which I saw in the All or Nothing series.

I’m not qualified to talk about tactics etc just the general attitude

6 Likes

Passport showing birth of country is Australia and Photo ID showing anything east of Parramatta must be shown to enter the new stadium.

2 Likes

I loved the lucky undies part as a foreshadow to him wearing them a few scenes later before one of the games.

1 Like

Well, phew. I can attend! Hoorah!

Corica doesn’t fucken swear nearly half as much in this episode. I think we only get one or two f-bombs out of him.

Ante Juric is so calm, I’m worried he pops a couple of Valium before the games. I wonder if it’s just because he’s coaching a girls team or if he’s like that in real life.

Season goal: Get Redders to flash the crowd his lucky undies.

1 Like

The girls really do sacrifice a lot to play. Not sure what they get paid but can’t imagine it’s much.

Nat Tobin looked wrecked after that training session, then just going home to “eat and sleep”.

1 Like

Corica to me comes across as detached and uninspiring in the change rooms. The “F’íng this”… each sentence, almost as if a replacement for relatability, connection etc and hoping to appear just passionate and falling quite short of even that.
He did get some winning seasons out of them though so maybe the cook had something to do with it.

3 Likes