Qatar 2022: A slave to Blatter

And in a world first, a middle eastern player goes down with an actual not faked injury.

How on earth is he allowed to stay on the field?

He’s cooked

Ridiculous he was allowed to keep playing, he was clearly concussed.

Yeah he really doesn’t look like he will be on for a while

I think that makes sense, I’ve made the below thread for the match discussions:

14 mins of time added on, definite chance England could get a 4th before HT.

Despite all the other shit going on, how good is it to hear Martin Tyler commentating on sbs?

4 Likes

The Iranians not singing their anthem is going to have fall out.

Yeah they will be shot if they return home.

So apparently FIFA had their own armbands that they wanted to wear, that the Captains said no to…

“In service of the Supreme Committee”

4 Likes

Anyone looking to maintain the anti-FIFA rage, Mick Molloy has a sports pod that is doing a (so far) 3 part series focusing on the corruption.

The Netflix 4-part series is really good

Watch FIFA Uncovered | Netflix Official Site

3 Likes

Surely at this stage it’s just cashing in. I mean documentaries “revealing” the corruption in FIFA are the equivalent of documentaries on the evils of the Holocaust…

At this stage, everyone knows about it, everyone has accepted it, it’s just about the world to vote these idiots out, or form a new organisation. Problem is that you’ll more than likely split off with the “rich” countries going they’re own way, with the “poor” countries doing their own thing as they have the most to lose.

1 Like

I think it is the openness of those involved (who seem oblivious to the wrongdoing) that makes it so interesting

1 Like

It’s because it’s just seen as an absolutely normal way of doing business in FIFA. When the norms include corruption, no one doing it is going to see it as being wrong as it’s seen as a necessary part of what they do. It won’t change any time soon as the main organisation that needs to take a stand is UEFA, but they’re just as backward as FIFA. They need to stop getting old f*cks into these positions, get someone young and fresh or hire an external body to investigate every last shred of every last transaction and then oversee every single vote with full access to all organisations’ bank accounts. Sadly it won’t happened because an open book investigation would probably see every FA tarnished (including Australia) and it would mean too many people would lose a whole load of money.

1 Like

In the 3 World Cup 2022 matches before USA-Wales, the official attendances have been 67,372 (in a stadium with capacity of 60,000); 45,334 (in a stadium holding 40,000) and 41,721 (in a stadium holding 40,000).

Nothing sus!

2 Likes

Plus you could see the empty seats in the Wales game today…

2 Likes