Remaining A-League Fixtures Discussion

Yes, just take Welly out of any equation and replace with the next league finisher.

Kuol’s post match interview was interesting

I missed it…how so?

https://twitter.com/ALeague/status/1286632054944219141?s=09

The joys of the A-League chucking in people with no media training.

Screw the media training. I would rather hear a raw, genuine interview like that than the bland football-speak we have to listen to all the time.

6 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive.

Below is the table as it currently stands with last night’s CCM v NJ match added.

001%20Upload

And below is a modified table with the first six rounds removed (see below for detailed explanation of the exclusions).

In this modified table Sydney FC and Wellington are just one point apart with nine games still to play and both are clear favourites for the Premier’s Plate. WSW, MVFC and CCM are still shit.

002%20Upload

Wellington lost the first four games, drew with MVFC in Round 5 and had a bye in Round 6, so I have excluded all results from all teams for the first six rounds of the competition so as to get the best possible comparison between Sydney and Wellington. At end of Round 6 Sydney and Wellington had both played five games and all but the three Victorian teams had played a bye. Ultimate A-League - Round 6 - 2019-20

in creating the second table I have assumed that the first six rounds would be played at the end of the season so both tables are calculated for a 26 game competition.

That’s not quite what I was referring to, but I think that tells a lot about how well the Nux have done since their early season losses, so its still plenty relevant.

I was thinking something more like this:

Beat me to it, here is the post covid table.

003%20Upload

Fuck yes. Keep it up Adelaide :+1:

1 Like

Cant rely on anyone these days.

You can blame me. Got excited too early. Can only hope that they hold out.

Man, what a shit penalty. Glad though!

If they can wind down the minutes, the plate is ours!!!

Our next game is an away game at ANZ against City. Will there be a plate presentation and can Sydney fans attend?

Worst way to win a trophy is whilst you’re happy. Happy to another another one though.

3 Likes

WINNINGEST AT WINNING STUFF!

To make all of this winning malarkey even better, that Melbourne line up for tonight is the suckiest bunch of sucks that have ever sucked.

2 Likes

I’m glad that they were shit before the break, that way their fans can’t say that the reason that they were so poor was because players left due to COVID-19.

Watching MV get overrun sounds like a great way of celebrating a premiership

3 Likes