Robert Mak Appreciation

Player of the year at the sky blue ball… well deserved

5 Likes

Even when he struggled in the summer months, you could still see he had the smarts and technique.

It’s hard to argue somebody else deserved it instead, but it also goes to show that nobody really strung a full season of hot form together. Hopefully that changes next season.

3 Likes

9 Likes

So the Robert Mak Slovak Attack has finished for the season with two Euro qualifier victories against Iceland and Lichenstein. Mak played in both but didn’t find the net in either.

Our boy on international duty with Slovakia versing Portugal 0445 Optus sport

Verse is not a verb, when it’s a preposition. Hang your head in shame.

6 Likes

Maybe it was a poetry slam?

1 Like

Fucking Ronaldo
I always hated that guy
Go Slovakia

2 Likes

I was channeling the Aussie school memories thread.
Mak not in the Matchday squad, that I could see

Scored for Slovakia in their 3-0 win

4 Likes

And assisted according to FotMob. And was a relatively early sub. That’s a Mak trifecta for you!

2 Likes

Probably struggling with the heat in Bratislava…

2 Likes

Lol Slovakia scored in the 1st, 3rd, and 6th minutes of the game. What a game the rest of the 84 must have been.

Up the Big Mak!

Seems to be really enjoying his football at this stage of his career. Good on him.

75 minutes this morning in the 2-1 win over BiH.
He didn’t play the previous game vs Iceland where Slovakia secured qualification as group runners-up. The LW that game was MOTM so Mak has competition there which should hopefully keep him on his toes and in good form for us all season.

2 Likes

Mak :saluting_face:

https://twitter.com/SydneyFC/status/1727899845954793896

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever disliked any of our Balkan/eastern European players (while they’re playing for us anyway…). They always get fired up for the big games too.

Even kruno lovrek delivered an all time double denim photo.

5 Likes

What a fucking legend!!!