Round 1 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - 21/10/23

This is a risky plan fellas. If the Tele catches wind that there’s a group of people who are both football fans and cyclists your lives are over.

13 Likes

I’m reasonably confident riding hands free, so I should be able to hold a flare aloft for the straight bits riding along the Moore Parklands.

3 Likes

Few things shit me more than bikes on public transport, they always clogging up the doorway on trains and metros. Although it may just be residual hatred for a lycra clad douchebag I used to see get on at Milsons Point and off at North Sydney, like do you wanna fucking ride that thing or not mate?

2 Likes

Aaah, residual hatred, our raison d’etre

1 Like

“Lycra-clad Soccer hooligans clash in peloton pack across Sydney”

4 Likes

Yeah I find it tends to impart an untidiness and unfortunate feng shui on a Sydney train carriage’s middle level, and so I’d feel awkward doing it during busy times.

You cyclist haters are just jealous our bikes cost more than your cars.

3 Likes

Not to mention the big hairy bastard implacably blocking access to the disabled/oldies seats

1 Like

Opening game at alianz is always great won’t be missing it for anything atmosphere will be electric 3-1 win coming up i reckon.

1 Like

Sydney FC Men’s Squad:- 1. Andrew REDMAYNE, 3. Aaron GURD, 4. Jordan COURTNEY-PERKINS, 8. Jake GIRDWOOD-REICH, 9. Fabio GOMES, 10. Joe LOLLEY, 11. Robert MAK, 12. Corey HOLLMAN, 13. Pat WOOD, 15. Gabriel LACERDA, 17. Anthony CACERES, 18. Matthew SCARCELLA, 19. Mitch GLASSON, 20. Adam PAVLESIC (GK), 21. Zac DE JESUS, 22. Max BURGESS, 23. Rhyan GRANT, 24. Wataru KAMIJO, 25. Jaiden KUCHARSKI , 26. Luke BRATTAN.

(Two to be omitted)

UNAVAILABLE:- 6. Jack RODWELL (injured), 16. Joel KING (injured).

Good see my old friend 6.Jack Rodwell (injured) back… he’s taken the place of 7. Michael Zullo (1 week)

2 Likes

Just when I was starting to feel comfortable with Rodwell

No Adamson is an outrage.

14 Likes

Any news on what the injuries to Rodwell and King are?

Surely the race to 828 is back on.

No Adamson given the omissions is not what I wanted to see.

Maybe he’s already been sold? From all reports he was a big factor in turning the game around last week, and he’s played plenty of matches in the pre-season… surely there’s gotta be some explanation from Corica? Also, we’ve got Lacerda playing his first match and a Centre-Mid covering Rodwell and Perkins playing his first match, so seems pretty risky not to include Adamson in the squad as an option….

My understanding would be that he is not contracted to the club.
He’s not on a scholarship deal and hasn’t signed a contract with the A League side for this season. He had a contract to play with the NPL side that must have included an FFA Cup clause. That contract would have expired after the final so the club no longer holds an active registration for him therefore he can’t play.

I guess it’s just a matter of what contract the club have offered him, if any, for the A League season. I wouldn’t imagine that a player with only a handful of first team appearances in a pre-season cup competition and no European passport would be off overseas in January.

Girdwood-Reich is not a just CM. He is clearly a very promising young player equally comfortable and effective as CB or CM (in fact even better perhaps at CB). A bit like Rodwell has been both, Milligan, Brandon O’Neill etc. Or how Emerton could play RB for the Socceroos but equally RM.

1 Like

Interestingly Adamson is an option on the keepup A League Fantasy for this season listed as a midfielder for Sydney.

But one would assume if not named while there’s a hole at left back that he covered so well during the cup then he will not be featuring for us this season sadly.

Madness.