Round 1 - WSW vs Sydney FC - 20/11/21

nah

3 Likes

Is away active allocation exhausted? Very few tickets left in the upper bays for us now, I think by end of today they will be gone. Stadium looks mostly sold out except for corner bays and some behind goals on our side, random twitter rumour from a day or two ago was that over 20,000 tickets were sold which definitely seems true looking at the ticket map, I’d guess more like 21 or 22k sold as of now.

There’s still spots in 201 and 202 when I checked now

Absolutely pumped for this and wishing today was game day. Predicting 2-2 in a proper thriller of a match.

1 Like

Wanderers looking stronger on paper but they’ll need time to gel and they seem to bring out the worst players with names/reputations. I don’t think Carl is the coach he’s made out to be either.

The positive for us is we’re more or less starting this game as we finished the GF but like most, it does look ominous. I’ve got grave concerns about the middle of the park of us not just for this game but for the entire season. We’re usually at our best with two strong 6’s.

1 Like

Reckon it’ll get to around 25k. Lower tier is all sold out and the Northern Stand (get some names for these stands) is almost gone too.

1 Like

I aim to please Hilly.

1 Like

Does anyone know if our squad has been confirmed? And is Luke Brattan definitely suspended?

I can see the ********* squad here: Rodwell is in.

I’ve been scouring the internet trying to find this out myself. Hopefully someone will chime in here to confirm soon.

The Wanderers annual grand final match so they will be up for it. Having said that 3-1 to the good guys

Gotta be. Sent off in the grand final, and we’ve not played a competitive fixture since.

Had we not had the FFA Cup match against Olympic postponed, I think he could have used that as the suspension.

Some leagues state that the suspension can be served in any national league/club fixture, others say it’s gotta be in that fixture. Given the finals are an extension to the A-league, one would assume that if you didn’t play a cup tie in the off-season, it would roll over to the first round of the league.

From memory, all players that have been sent off in the GF have missed the opening round the following season. Players like Danny Vukovic and Roy O’Donovan certainly did (although they had several game bans)

2 Likes

Given it’s going to probably be raining most of tomorrow, will be interesting to see how many Wanderers fair weather fans will show up.

Do the RBB still have the issues with the club/league/modern football/heavy handed policing/any issue which slightly inconveniences them? Will be hilarious if we outsing them at their home ground again.

Struggling to think of any derby at their new stadium where they were genuinely louder than us. Maybe for 20 mins after they went 3-0 up that one time? By the end of that game though you would have been excused for thinking the rbb were on another boycott.

Precisely correct. FFA Cup game being moved has fucked us. It was going to count. Hopefully we then see him dominate on Wednesday night and everything will be right with the world again

1 Like

I think I’m going to get Brattan on the back of the new home kit to protest this injustice. Although, I’m very tempted to get The Hoff.

1 Like

Match preview is now up: https://www.sfcu.com.au/2021/11/19/preview-sydney-fc-vs-western-sydney-20-11-21/

If you spot Sydney’s squad - and any errors! - please do sing out and I’ll update the post.

4 Likes

This list is probably the best we’ll get before the game. Obviously not a match day squad, but better than nothing.

Yeah, I agree. He’s a good talker and he says what people want to hear but I think he struggles to actually do what he talks about.

2 Likes

Pre-game march info:

https://www.facebook.com/343083575772378/posts/4530449963702364/

3 Likes