Round 10 - 2019/20 Discussion

Heard this. Any footage?

He doesnt have the temperament for this at all. Strange cat.

Is this the being upset that Fowler headed into the rooms before Rudan could shake his hand?

I don’t blame Fowler for not waiting around, Rudan should take the 10 seconds to go shake hands before celebrating with players. You’ve been 2-0 up since HT, it’s not like an injury time winner where emotion has recently taken over.

But he then also went and got in the face of the Brisbane CEO about it. There seems to be a pattern with him not taking rejection very well.

4 Likes

Yep.
Rudan went off and celebrated with his team prior to shaking Fowler’s hand. Fowler doesn’t wait around, instead heads down the tunnel.
Rudan now heads over to shake Fowler’s hand but on noticing that he wasn’t there makes a beeline for the Brisbane CEO and has a go.

I agree he should’ve immediately gone over and shook Fowlers hand, but it’s also poor of Fowler to just walk off. They both acted wrongly imo.

Watching that game its hard to believe both those teams play in the same league as us. The level they are playing at is so far below us.

I have to say I’m with Fowler on this one. It’s poor form to prioritise celebrating the win over acknowledging your opponent. Tennis players don’t do a victory lap before going to the net.

Good to see Devlin starting. It would have been gutting if he had left us but didn’t end up with more opportunities at Wellington anyway. At least this shows he’s done the right thing by his development.

It’s not that hard to imagine that there will be no German coaches in the A-League next week.
Melbourne are absolutely dire, like Magilton levels of shit.

Devlin has some fire in him today.

As a player who has spent quite a bit of time in The Cove, it’s safe to assume he hates Melbourne.

1 Like

Always liked Devlin. Always hated the tards. Go Figure

1 Like

Good half,points victory to Welly…may be one of those games that the first goal wins it!

Melbourne are turgid, they’ve got nothing aside from being hack merchants when necessary.

And yeah. great to see Devlin doing well. He’s always had a bit of mongrel about him and loves to get stuck in.

Andy Harper is most definitely taking a knee for Robbie Kruse.

Not a red for Dobras.
Did VAR not intervene because it was a foul worthy of a sanction (Dangerous Play) as they can only rescind a Red Card completely, not reduce it to a yellow?

Melbourne have gone full Muscat now.

I thought he was already on a yellow anyway so was getting sent off either way

2 Likes

So he was.
It’s hard to keep track in this game!

Had to laugh at Harper carrying on like a pork chop that it was never a red card. Still easily a yellow and the same result (except for an extra week off I guess). If the Wellington player’s head was an inch further forward and it could have been very nasty

I’ve just tuned on the telly, so I missed the Melbourne v Wellington match. Saw them calling the red card dubious. Then saw a replay of the incident. Obviously dubious doesn’t mean what I think it means. Going to pop over to dictionary.com.

Has there ever been a triple header as bad as the one today? Three pretty bad games.

2 Likes

Dunno, got home just in time to see Wests concede, that’s alright. Why the fuck is that mouth breather Suman in goals and Lopar on the bench? Babbel must want the payout. :joy: