Round 10 - 2019/20 Discussion

Lopar is ill so could only start on the bench.

Also yeah I’m not complaining about watching Wests concede. Melbourne and WSW combined have scored one point over the last two rounds. Lovely to compare that to our six points.

Agreed, the fox/kayo numbers might be brutal with the cricket running all afternoon/night, too.

Just watched the replay of Melbourne’s red. Not sure how anyone can argue that. You’ll struggle to find a more textbook example of serious foul play.

If it’s not a straight red for Dobras, it’s a yellow, which would’ve been his 2nd so it’s all a moot point.

Babbel loses 5 in a row…

1 Like

Delicious goo…

1 Like

I like how Mack starts that thread while still having a big, smiley pic of Babs for his avatar…watch out for the ironing!!

They’re currently thinking muscat is a good idea :joy::joy::joy:

Is it just me or are wanderers fans slightly delusional with how their club should be performing? They are a mid table A-league club. They just over-performed in their first few years.

Muscat Is a great idea short term. He’s a stalwart type guy who players will get behind and their squad is far than good enough to be much higher.

It’s the long term that’s hilarious. It won’t work out there and will only taint his record. He’d be a perfect assistant somewhere a bit bigger, all fire and a small hint of tactics, but the fact he hasn’t picked up that sort of job yet shows he’s just waiting for this gig.

Suck shit they deserve each other.

They should adopt The Cruel Sea’s Honeymoon Is Over as their club anthem / walk out song.

They definitely over-performed in year one and then arsed their way to the “Asian Cup” in year two. To be fair I don’t think another manager in world football could have done what Poppa did for them, even with the advantage of having FFA’s entire contract list in his top drawer and the bonus foreign spots. Building a club from scratch and achieving that was ridiculous, yet the entitled pricks never fully appreciated him and sections of the fanbase hounded him out of the place.

I don’t recall a period of their existence where they’ve actually played good football though. That early success was based on defensive graft, midfield thuggery and the cynical foul on half-way to stop opponents getting any momentum. It’s probably the only period they had stability on the playing roster but, before the annual churning began.

3 Likes

Got it in one. So much of their success was luck (ACL) or cheating (FFA colostrum). Good to see them returning to their rightful place.

Bouzanis dropped for young Tom Glover

Deserved, he was dire last week.

Beautiful pass for the assist there. Dire defending but nice play from City.

Will be excited to see what Glover does. Highly rated at spurs but didn’t get a fair go at Mariners

Faghani is the Iranian Beath.

4 Likes

Only in a book written by J K Rowling would the goalkeeper be called Glover.

5 Likes

City look good against Newcastle, keen to see them play us in a few weeks. The hype around Maclaren and co. is completely overblown in my opinion. Reminds me slightly of the hype around Castro over the past few years, great against weaker teams/defences but up against a more organised and quality defence like ours, they won’t make much of an impact. I could be completely wrong but thats what I suspect will happen.

CIty do have a history of going missing in bigger games. Exception to that was the FFA Cup run where we lost in the final two or three years ago.

And even in that game it was mainly that we had an off day, we weren’t really outplayed. Just struggled with chance creation from memory.