Round 10 - 2019/20 Discussion

This has been one of those classic combination games, it can’t be understated how bad Newcastle have been as well.

sometimes I get the feeling that we are the only team that takes this league seriously. So much dross atm

4 Likes

I wonder about the salary cap at times. Is it still leveling the playing field? Or just holding the bigger clubs back? Right now, it’s doing both to an extent, but I’d love to see it completely scrapped.

Can we at least increase the visa quota? I don’t take pleasure in saying this, but our domestic players aren’t cutting it.

The league might not be great but the sack race this year is incredible.

I’m starting to feel that way as well. There are a lot of clubs in this league who REALLY need to get their shit together, and quickly.

People can bitch about us supposedly breaking the cap. They need to explain why other clubs wasted guys like Redmayne, O’Neill and Baumjohann and they’re performing so much better here. It’s clear the professional environment at our club is second to none in this league, and other clubs need to be lifting themselves up to our level or even higher if they can.

1 Like

If people are to be drawn to the game, convinced to watch regularly, be converted from eurosnobs, then the standard across all teams needs to lift. It’s easier to say that than to do that of course, but we’ve shown it can be done.

If all teams in the comp competed at our level or higher then the argument/excuse “the league is shite” would be much harder to sustain. At the moment we’re asking many people to pay premium to watch state level or park level football. Not good enough.

1 Like