Draws: 13 (31.7%)

Losses: 16 (39%)

Sydney FC record at Jubilee Stadium

Wins: 1 (33.3%)

Draws: 0 (0%)

Losses: 2 (66.7%)

Previous Meeting

17/03/18 – Sydney FC 1 – 2 Brisbane Roar

Two goals which could have been defended better, including a rare McKay header.

Last 5 Matches

17/03/18 – Sydney FC 1 – 2 Brisbane Roar

08/01/18 – Brisbane Roar 0 – 3 Sydney FC

25/11/17 – Sydney FC 3 – 1 Brisbane Roar

03/02/17 – Brisbane Roar 0 – 0 Sydney FC

30/12/16 – Sydney FC 2 – 0 Brisbane Roar

Records

Biggest Win – 3 goals (2 games):

24/11/06 – Sydney FC 3 – 0 Brisbane Roar

08/01/18 – Brisbane Roar 0 – 3 Sydney FC

Biggest Loss – 4 goals:

19/10/13 – Brisbane Roar 4 – 0 Sydney FC

Most Goals in a Game – 9 goals:

15/03/15 – Sydney FC 5 – 4 Brisbane Roar

Most Appearances vs Brisbane Roar – Alex Brosque (25)*

Most Goals vs Brisbane Roar – Alessandro Del Piero, Alex Brosque* (5)

Key Statistics

• Darren Davies will be the eighth Brisbane Roar manager to coach against Sydney FC.
  • Sydney FC have won only 29.3% of games against the Brisbane Roar, the lowest record the club have against any opponent.
  • The previous game was Michael Zullo’s 75th appearance for the club.

Note: These statistics only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup, unless otherwise stated.

What would people think about starting DDS on the right so we could play Siem at 10 behind ALF?

And Brosque on the bench? Yes please.
Although I can’t see Stevie changing it up at all.

Yeah. DDS hasn’t looked that great to be fair. But we need to know whether he’s worth the long term investment. And Brosque would be much better coming off the bench, as was originally intended.

At some point we will need at least one more (preferably two) match fit Australian for the ACL as Brosque cannot play across two competitions and we have to drop one foreigner (presumably Jop). If DDS does not start he should at least get 30 mins or a half time sub, particularly if Roar implode tomorrow.

In case you hadn’t heard…

I heard, either Roar will play out of their skins because they are playing to impress the next coach or they will implode in a bitter onfield interpersonal dummy spit. Could go either way. Won’t be a draw.

Thanks mate, I’d missed the five times in the past ten posts where it had been mentioned :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Retre seems to his best work more centrally. I wouldn’t be moving Brillante though so it’s between him and Tratt. But as stated Tratt was very good at Rb for the nux but retre doesn’t deserve to be benched

Would love to see de Jong played at #10! He’s just too slow on the wing, especially with Milos on the left.

1 Like

Oh goodie, 3rd game at Kogarah, 3rd time being fucked by trackwork. This time between Lidcombe & Strathfield, unsure if planned or due to fears of that piece of shit tower collapsing.

Agree with this. Brosque isn’t offering much at all from the start, so I’d be looking to play 3 AMs in behind ALF. Whatever system/personnel we use, we need to get more bodies in and around the box in general play. The XI has been far too rigid in possession, and the midfield has been very loath to get so far forward, given that the FBs are playing so high.
Would prefer we limit the FBs (especially with Grant away), and push the onus on the front 6 to create and get on the end of chances.

Score predictions?

Thinking 1-0 win with Roar playing better than they have recently.

Back for my one game of the year. 6-0 just like last year against Perth please.

1 Like

Seeing as we’re in the midst of festive cheer and all, perhaps you could work a little harder at being less negative and cynical? Just a thought.

1 Like

Here’s the latest travel options for getting there https://transportnsw.info/events/2018/12/league-sydney-fc-v-brisbane-roar

Beware the wounded animal!

With JA still there a 2 goal win…Now its a different equation.The players are the same but will probably set up differently…A new tactical direction after the one that was being used failed.I’ll take a slight win but hope its 3-5 margin.

Not that I think it will happen, but a win by 6 goals will put us top of the league on goal difference.

Papadopoulos is out for Roar:

Their back four was already looking thin, so this would be a pretty massive blow for them I would’ve thought, even if he hasn’t been that good this season.

We’re going to arse blast them 5-0.