Round 10 - Sydney FC vs Brisbane - 29/12/18

Probably a penalty??

BLUEMAYNE!!!

1 Like

Fucking justice

1 Like

Some amazing dance routine there from Bluemayne. Bad penalty from Taggart, though.

Nice shot from DDS

You’d never ever give that penalty on VAR if it hadn’t been called in real time. Fifty-fifty call for me. Fox commentators are getting predictably hysterical about the VAR doing its job though.

Commentators pissing and moaning about VAR, saying that the decision took too long and that’s why Taggart butchered it. FMD it was not a clearly obvious pen, that’s exactly what the VAR is for and the pen was awarded. Cant fucking win.

4 Likes

An entertaining game.

I like the part where we won.

1 Like

It was a good game. Pleased we got through a very tricky situation with the Roar having a new manager.

Adam Le Fondre’s first touch is absolutely sexual. Certainly up there with the best we’ve ever had. He was the best on park for me, not just for his two goals but his overall play.

The Fox commentary was nigh-on unbearable at times tonight. The carry-on about VAR taking so long to make the right decision, then Speedie bitching about Calver not getting a second yellow, and Slater claiming Ninkovic was man of the match … LOL. It makes me wonder whether any of these guys have actually watched a game of football sometimes, never mind actually played. Fuck me dead.

Going to a back 5 and defending a 2-1 lead at home to the team coming second last. The negativity is so unnecessary, we were countering them just fine. Corica seems like a real timid manager. Win’s a win.

I’ll take it. They could/should have had two or three but we should have had about five.

Re. the penalty, it wasn’t obvious but it certainly was correct. This obvious vs correct question is the grey area that the VAR is going to keep getting stuck in - I’d be livid if I were Taggart and that wasn’t given and wasn’t overturned, because it’s clearly a penalty by the letter of the law. Just because it’s not obvious at first glance shouldn’t mean anything.

Would’ve been unlucky to be rolled by two dodgy goals. Good work to avoid the bounce back from the Roar.

They were also pushing a load of numbers forward, too, so I can understand the late switch. Certainly not worth complaining about.

Also big props for Redmayne for making some key saves throughout the game. He hasn’t started the season too well but I thought he was excellent tonight.

1 Like

Agreed. A constant threat, would love to see a goals v chances comparison with Bobo.

1 Like

Yeah the save in the first half where it looped over him and he had to dig it out was great. Obviously a penalty save represents a big game for any keeper too. One of his better games in recent times.

Any idea if the Royal Carlton is showing the Old Firm?

I’m most stoked for Calver that Redmayne came up big, he had an excellent game and didn’t deserve to cost us the win.

Young really kept them in it at the start

A few thoughts:

• Ninkovic was linking up well with Zullo and that made a huge difference. However, there were also times where Ninkovic could have had a shot or gone for a simple pass but he decided to try something spectacular instead which rarely ever paid off. Sometimes he just has to keep it simple.
  • ALF’s movement was magnificent all game. It worked particularly well with Brosque often dropping a little deeper like he tended to under Arnie.
  • Calver played really well and shouldn’t be judged on the penalty. However, there were a few times he could have left the ball for Redmayne but decided to play it. I seem to remember from previous performances that his problems come down to a lack of communication and that is clearly still an area he needs to work on. Wilkinson needs to play a big role in that.
  • Brillante and O’Neill looked more like their old selves at times throughout this game, with one staying and one going.
1 Like