Round 10 - Sydney FC vs Brisbane - 29/12/18

Considering how shit we are at Kogarah, I’ll take a point here and consider that progress.

Yeah this is way more like our previous performances, just timid and looking to pass the ball around without attacking the goal.

I’m liking what I’ve seen of De Jong and Calver is having a fairly good night.

Good start to the game by us fell away as the half wore on and conceded a deserved equaliser for the Roar.

What is this? A screen for ants?

I really miss the SFS jumbotrons.

4 Likes

The ball hit his chest first but definitely came off his arm

Had no idea for the VAR call because you can see at all. Ones judgment from here behind the goals in real time was more certain than screen views.

There is still trackwork on T1. They also REALLY need people checking Cove tickets for the Cove bays, so many day trippers taking up real estate.

We had a lot more space when we were able to spread the play and hit good cross-field balls from side to side. I thought we were too predictable after the goal, almost solely relying on short passing, which allowed the Roar to easily compress the space around the ball. You could see how often we were turning the ball over in that situation. We need to get back to hitting some nice cross-field balls as we did earlier in the half. Ninko has been pretty much anonymous since the goal and, unfortunately, made a poor decision when he had an opportunity to either score or tee it up for De Jong. Key moment of the half, really.

Watching at home tonight and it was definitely not handball. The replay clearly showed that it wasn’t.

Looks like it was off chest then onto the bicep for the goal. Even if it does hit the arm after the Redmayne deflection makes it easily ball to hand rather than hand to ball. That goal felt like it was coming anyway.

Still a feeling the formation is giving Ninko and De Jong , our best two creative threats by far, roles that don’t ultimitely suit them. De Jong especially is showing more and more touches each week as fitness improves suggesting he could tear it. Brillante and O’Neil just won’t hit the box up the middle on counters/transition so why isolate Ninko/SD-J out there? ALF with decent bodies in the box to support could do even better too.

Get in, great finish!

Getting O’Neill forward absolutely made that.

Beautiful goal 2-1

Nicely worked goal, Milos has been playing more centrally in the second half and we are much better for it.

Roar sub is chewing gum. Is that safe? ( serious)

Not if it’s Ross Aloisi’s gum

1 Like

I used to chew gum when i played. Never thought of it as a safety issue, refs never said anything either.

This is getting a bit nervy. We probably need to score again.

Id be worried about accidently breathing it in and choking.

What keeping!!

Oh fuck me