Round 10 - Sydney FC vs CCM - 14/12/2019

I felt CCM were better organised than Brisbane was last week.

And w also pulled up short over and over again where as last week we would have kept pushing.

It’s almost as if the coach had us playing conservatively in preparation for better oppo …

Aknowledge that Staj,has wins over WU and Perth,his coaching with no marquees is credible.

They could have drawn or beaten the NorWester in round one and have been reasonably competitive most games.

They are one of 5 teams battling for 6th place in payoffs,the 6th WSW won’t get there!

Yeah, I think they’re in better shape than WSW.

Thank fuck for Redders is all I have to say about yesterday.

1 Like

We started the match as we finished last week.

But, I always worry when we carve up the opposition early and then go into our Harlem Globetrotters touring mode. At about 15 minutes, it looked like Bimbi had told them, ‘if you score in the first 5 minutes’, why not practise all those fancy flicks and combinations that we play around with before training starts? Good to see how it works against human cones before we try it on proper opposition.’

However, once we lose our ruthless focus on cutting through and scoring goals, we can’t find that gear again. By mid-second half, I thought that Bimbi and Staj must have come to an agreement before the match to leave it 1-0 and everyone happy. Then at the end, CCM were looking like a real shout for at least a draw.

Thought McGowan and Wilko were excellent dealing with Jair and whoever came at them. Da Silva plays better for them than ever for us. We are a VASTLY better team with Branners and Zullo on the pitch than their replacements.

1 Like

Just watched highlights, I’m going to heed this thread’s warnings and not do the full replay.

Man, Jair really went full Behich with that header.

2 Likes

We played poorly, we won, move on

1 Like

Do you agree with these player ratings?

Would have given redders more than 6.5.

1 Like

He would’ve lost 5 points for the self inflicted goal line clearance so 11.5 without that is about right.

Whoever did those stats obviously didn’t watch the Mariners. Kim was one of the best players on the park, scores 5.5, and below Silvera who was one of the worst.

I won’t even elaborate on the others.

1 Like

Yeah Kim was really good for you guys. His play was really similar to Brattan, dropping deep to start moves.

tepid performance…

silver lining: my boy finally got to give rhyno and alfie a cuddle

also loved we want you to stay

and the awesome reception the cove gave the wizard.

1 Like

Yes, Kim is an excellent CB who really runs that defence and also moves the team forward. Gordon is very good DF too. Both did a lot to block our attacks and settle the CCM. Was very disappointed with Silvera. He has been fantastic in other games but was really off-key vs SFC.

Silvera was deployed a bit deeper, no? Looked like he was taking up RWB in a back 5 early on, and most of their attacks in the first half came the other side through Clisby. I reckon they should’ve had Silvera running at King far more often.

Silvera killed it against Glory but hasn’t been at that level since (I’ve really been watching). Its not even that he’s been figured out but he is super inconsistent as you’d expect at his age.

1 Like

Mariners looked pretty tidy. Props to them for doing what we’ve criticised a lot of HAL teams of not doing, and playing with discipline. No way should they be bottom on this showing.

Just caught the 15 minute mini match - other than the goal for Kosta and one or two other highlights for us, most of the action came from Central Coast.

Finally got them, 2 tix Row 1 in 204

He deserved to be docked some points for not trying to take advantage of Birighitti being in our area when he caught that cross just before full time, with the entire crowd baying for him to get it up for Buhagiar to run onto, post haste.

One of football’s great joys is the keeper racing the ball back to his own goal, and we were disgracefully denied that.

7 Likes