Round 11 - Sydney FC vs Western United - 10/03/21

It’s not included, the government wants people using opals for covid tracking purposes.

1 Like

“Max Burgess, why don’t you come home.”

Kosta is an excellent player however his jam is not to be the main man but more of a support act where in my opinion he thrives ala the Alfie days.

Interested to see if Bobo starts this one, and if he does, whether it will be the first time we see him and Kosta partnering (pretty sure this would be the case?).

Will Corica’s men get their faltering season back in track? Would marquee man Kostalot find form and finish his chances? Or would another former Victory player, Besart Berisha ruin the party and steal all three points against the team he just loves scoring against?

This is what Corica had to say ahead of our debut home clash against Western United
https://www.sydneyfc.com/video/head-coach-steve-corica-pre-western-united-0

Find out tonight, live and exclusive on Kayo sports from 7pm

What’s the Cove’s pre match pub at the moment? I remember it changing at some point.

Important game (as they all are), but I do feel a win tonight with another good performance gets the monkey off our back and takes us back to business as usual, but anything else and we are firmly in ‘bad form’ territory.

1 Like

Was this at Leichhardt? I believe i remember him hitting the bar from like 35 metres out when no-one was even expecting a shot…he is an incredible player.

According to Fotmob, yes, Leichhardt. Crowd 1863 of which I wasn’t one.

I was there, it was a weird game and the atmosphere felt very eerie. Actually it felt like the last gasps of the A League

that whole period kind of felt like the last gasps of humanity as a whole tbh

Calling it now :peach::baguette_bread:

1 Like

I think it’ll all click today and we’ll be the ones doing the baguetteing

Love the optimism, I’m still in the habit of turning up to games all smug and superior and convinced we’re going to boss it, would like to keep it that way.

Unrelated, my office building has a pub in the lobby. Weekday games are awesome.

1 Like

Bobo starts, Hof on the bench

1 Like

Ivanovic returns too

Kogarah clubhouse

2 Likes

Retre does not deserve a start. That is pathetic.

We will struggle today.

3 Likes

I’m shocked

What the actual fuck with Retre.
As mentioned previously, although the claims may be baseless, if there are issues within the squad regarding the continued selection of underperforming players then this is hardly going to rectify the situation.
A loss here and the wolves could begin to gather at Corica’s door.

Is it just me or is the bench a little unbalanced? 4 attackers, 1 CB and 1 DM doesn’t feel right. VDS for Ivanovic would have made more sense.