Round 13 - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 13/1/19

Hugely deserved. Great game from him.

Redmayne, if by any chance you read this and subsequently find yourself needing a Big Mac, I owe you one!

1 Like

Possibly but he never produced a great deal with us. Mind you at the time we had Asdrubal as a striker.
However DDS>Caceras.

Looked like some very tired legs out there, towards the end. Couldn’t complete a pass.

Bit of an odd game. Started strong but faded fast. I thought we were unlucky we didn’t get another couple (Lefondre’s after Zullo’s foul(?) on Jacobsen for example).

Tratt was very impressive. The fact that he’s come into the team part way through the season, he’s essentially the third choice RB… he was very impressive on a number of fronts.

DDS needs to affect the game a lot more. AncientMariner is too harsh. We’ve seen him produce in the past. We know what he can do. He needs to put it together.

Lefondre is quickly firming as a favourite player. Such a competitor. He’s unreal.

And Redmayne, poor several times under the high ball and with his communication, ends up pulling off a blinder at the death.

Adelaide. Poor overall, I’d say. They just never really look like scoring. Goodwin and Halloran seem sub-standard. They seemed just as tired as us too, though.

Yeah this was probably the most noticeable thing but it also seemed to be affecting guys like De Silva who have less excuse for tired legs.

Tratt says it all: thank fuck for Reders:

2 Likes

I’ve been telling you cunts Tratty goes alright at RB. He’s the second best in the HAL.

1 Like

Tratt’s a fantastic player, can he play CB?? He went hard at RB, couldn’t ask for a better fill in for Grant and honestly the way he played he would be close to cracking into first choice at RB over Grant.

It was probably our best defensive display for a while, although we still fell asleep once or twice and yet another brain explosion giving away a pen (seems like every other A League team is suffering from the same ill discipline at the moment).

Also De Jong was really good up front probably surprising a lot of people. 1 goal, 1 goal disallowed, and also Brosque should have put that chance away after a good pass from De Jong as well.

Good win, very positive.

Bloody hell. That ref was Sir blows alot.

Tratt is great

Jacob Tratt: “Thank fuck for Redders”

Legend :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha I heard Tratty swear but thought I must have been hearing things

Yeah I’ll put my hand up as a sceptic but I thought he was quite good in that role. He was still given scope to drop deep and help with build up play and being up front allowed him to get more shots on goal.

MOTM voting is open

1 Like

I love Jacob Tratt more than my own family.

2 Likes

We pressed hard in the middle of the 2nd half and there was nothing left in the tank in the last 5-10 minutes.
It was weird seeing even guys like De Jong just hoofing it up the park.
Given that, only making 2 changes was weird. I thought Corica should have brought Ivanovic on to chase up front.

He had Caceres standing by the firth official waiting to come on in injury time but the final whistle blew before he came on. Was expecting him to be readied earlier though.

I was talking about the last 20 or so, esp.

He was being readied at 80-something minutes and then Corica changed his mind.

I was so impressed with Tratt, honestly could push Grant out of the squad if he keeps performing like that.

Did anyone find the referee extremely irritating tonight? One of those referee’s who constantly blows their whistle, ruins the flow of the game.

De Jong got 90 mins in tonight - first time since round 1, and I wasn’t sure we’d see him be able to do that again.

I also thought Zullo was improved from recent difficult weeks.

And it was great to see the skipper come on with fresh legs. He’s such a fine sight running with a bit of space. That half volley he put just wide would have been such a great moment.