Round 13 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - Postponed

Just did a pitch inspection of my front lawn - very playable… so guessing that Kogarah pitch will be as well, depending how much more rain we get (it bucketed early morning, so maybe we’ve already got the worst of it)… here’s hoping :wink:

1 Like

Don’t think so…

The club social media is acting like it’s a perfectly calm and dry day. Only real reference to the weather was yesterday when they posted that the pitch was “dry as a bone” and today they’re posting as normal. I don’t know if there’s any pressure to get games with interstate teams out of the way due to their already being delays. In any case, it should be an informed decision based on forecast and safety. If the game goes ahead we’re going to have to choose between risking safety on the road or on transport or missing out, and kick-off might be delayed anyway. I don’t see how this is safe for the players either.

That’s me out

1 Like

Read on twitter there’s a pitch inspection around lunch time.

12:30 pitch inspection

This one says 12:00

Edit: Actually club says 12:30

Considering that the official advice from the SES, BOM, NSW Police and other such agencies is that all Sydneysiders stay at home unless it is absolutely essential for them to go out then it would be very irresponsible to go ahead with the game.

1 Like

Absolutely. I was supposed to be driving from the upper North Shore. With weather like this I’d be risking life and limb. Clubs should not be encouraging people to go out in this.

I didn’t drive 200km in this weather for the ga

1 Like

You’re welcome to come over for Nowruz dinner.

2 Likes

Happy Persian New Year, everybody! I’ll stay at my parents’, not drowning. Have a nice night in. :blue_heart: :iran:

4 Likes

Yeah the postponed was always going to happen. Could have decided earlier

Coincidentally the same agencies needed to repair what would have been left of MV if the game went ahead.

4 Likes

Don’t drive into floodwater, they said
This dickhead: ‘Pshaw…’…

2 Likes

I think pretty much everyone else would’ve made the decision to stay away.

I know the game wasn’t officially called off at that moment but am I the only one thinking it was a tad irresponsible of the club to post about game day on social media this morning? Given the obviously diabolical weather outside and advice for Sydneysiders to stay home if possible, it’s pretty clear to me. Safety has to come first.

I really hope insurance companies don’t cover people who ignore such warnings.

I posted in the gear grind thread a couple of months ago about people driving into flood water.
It needs to be made a criminal offence. They’re deliberately endangering the lives of many people when they inevitably get stuck and need to be rescued.

2 Likes

I suspect the posts were all scheduled.

2 Likes