Round 13 - Western United vs Sydney FC - 21/1/22

Yorke would be an incredibly early 2010s direction for this club
Batshit crazy

2 Likes

As opposed to where we are now?

Arnie still hasn’t signed anywhere.

A boy can dream…

2 Likes

Depends on circumstances for me. I would question it if we’ve given him the rest of the season + 2 years or something. But if he was unhappy at Macarthur and willing to sign for the rest of the season for example before we re-assess, I’d take that in a heartbeat.

I would prefer SFC stay with Corica until the end of the season.

Or at least until after the Mariners’ game. :grin:

3 Likes

It’s a non binary situation.
If we’re going to go the comedy route, let’s get Donachie in as player coach.
Otherwise we should look for someone actually good at coaching.

Have you not seen his hats? Quality

4 Likes

It’s a good point. I do like the hats.

1 Like

If we do get Yorke in, first home game everyone needs to dress like we are going to a fancy charity golf tournament to welcome him

Also Fyfe better be his assistant

2 Likes

assistant and/or wingman

1 Like

P+ seem to be hinting pretty hard that he’s coming…

I broadly agree but Holosko and Ninkovic were just OK in their first season but stepped it up in the next.

1 Like

True but were they ever as absent as Mak in every match?

He can score but does he contribute anything else, 80% of the time you don’t even realise he is on the field.

Regardless he is on a 2 year contract like Rodwell and you can expect both to be present next year taking up foreign spots. So hopefully he improves and Rodwell some how becomes hof and gets no more injuries

There were many rubbish performers but I enjoyed Mak’s work. You can see the tekkers and the football brain is clearly there. He just isn’t as mobile or as fit as he needs to be for a wider role in this system. I don’t know if a second season will help him get used to the pitches, but he did way more than anybody else to try and turn the game in our favour.

1 Like

Is this really true? Rodwell 2 years is for me Sydney’s worst ever signing. It’s up there for the leagues worst. I mean guys like Jardel and Sturridge were abysmal but as attackers, there was the tantalizing prospect of a bit of magic here or there, and more importantly, IT WASNT FOR TWO FUCKING YEARS.
I can’t believe that Wests fans aren’t actively out there day in and day out, dumping huge amounts of shit on us for it. Two years. FMD

1 Like

Yep two years

Two? Really?

Attendance was 5,127, great turnout, glad they got to see a world class goal.

Holy fucking shit. Absolute malpractice.

Yeah, a 2 year deal is just an awful awful decision. Just lazy and incompetent recruitment.

He’d be hard to offload early given his history from Sunderland but I’d be encouraging him and his agent to find him a loan deal back in the UK. .