Round 13 - Western United vs Sydney FC - 21/1/22

The midfield 3 mix is no good - would much rather Yazbek in for Burgess (or Caceras).
Too many bodies out there that want to have 7 touches before letting the ball do the work.

3 Likes

Haven’t people been saying Tasmania are screaming out for a team?

This turn up is hardly convincing

The only reason Burgess and Caceres really should be on the same pitch together is if they’re not occupying similar space like they are now, or when the team need to ice the game and we need players able to hold the ball like they often do.

Looks decent to me? The grandstands are mostly full even though they aren’t huge. Surely bigger than WU regular home games and also much more than Wollongong neutral games.

3 Likes

Fuck me dead, the big white thing, aim for that when shooting please guys.

Caceres hit a big white thing when he shot a few minutes ago. Unfortunately it looked awfully like a toilet block.

1 Like

Can someone smarter than me please explain why Donachie is getting every start ahead of Gurd? I seriously dont understand this. I’m not a Donachie hater but I haven’t seen much from him this season or last that says he’s a better option than Gurd now without even considering the potential improvement from Gurd from regular A-League starts.

It’s really starting to annoy me.

4 Likes

Yeah a Sunday afternoon match between two teams with no relationship with the state who are currently 8th and 10th is absolutely a great indicator for what support for a local team would look like…

5 Likes

Agree completely…we could barely pull 4k at Kogarah last year for home games. Really hard to estimate but looks to me like 3k there at least.

Also have to say, that terrace looks delightful.

3 Likes

Pensioner football.

2 Likes

Why not?

He’s fucking useless. I’ve seen houso bludgers on the dole work harder than he does.

1 Like

Oh man. Cáceres. Plz.

Caceres needs more hate tbh.

2 Likes

North Hobart Oval, quite a quaint little ground. It’s cute, and for an oval not terrible. Would be perfect for a Apple aisle expansion team.

Spent the first half with one eye on the TV, whilst cooking enchiladas for dinner.

Wood and Kurchaski need to get out of our club and find a club that’s going to give them the minutes they deserve. Any other league in the world, and Le Fondre would be playing with the reserves.

Didn’t get me wrong, I love ALf, the blokes a Sydney FC legend, one of the best strikers we’ve ever had, but he’s as much as a passenger in our team as he is on the spirit of Tasmania. The bloke has been past it since he came back from India.

I keep my hate for people who actually deserve it. Theres enough of them around as it is!

I think he tries hard but just isn’t up to the task. He’s not supposed to be a starter for us.

Even Lolley has been absolutely dreadful.

Redmayne almost had a nice assist there.

Oh man. Redmayne… Got away with that.

Jesus fucking Christ.we’re more of a shitshow at the back than Scott Morrison in bushfire season.

Goddamn you touchie, why’d you need to call that offside.

If James Donachie can make a living from being a professional footballer, there’s hope for all of us.