Round 13 - Western United vs Sydney FC - 21/1/22

Just finished the job, at least the game wasn’t exactly a distraction.

3 Likes

Corica works with these guys all day every week, he knows his jobs on the line, he obviously thinks Alfie and donachie give him the best chance to keep said job.

Gurd and wood obviously aren’t setting the world on fire in training

Embarrassing

3 Likes

ALF is actually going to play another 90 minutes of nothing again this week isn’t he?

1 Like

Or Corica plays favourites, or he doesn’t want to trust youth, or he thinks he made the right choice and is too stubborn. There’s plenty of other things it could be.

Now, personally, I don’t think Wood is going to make the difference. He gives me slightly better Blackwood vibes. Gurd on the other hand has been pretty good since his first couple of shaky games.

1 Like

Great Save Redders.

2 Likes

Spectacular that one.

Keeps Corica in the game

Burgess casually strolling off like we’re playing for the draw here.

2 Likes

And the crazy thing is that, from King to Nieuwenhof to Yazbek and Wood and Talbot, THB, Gurd, the kids that have come in have absolutely deserved to be trusted. We have an incredible academy pumping out A-League level talent that we are simply wasting.

And that’s fine if it’s prime Ninko and Wilko and Bobô and Adrian tearing up the league.

But for Donachie and Retre and Burgess and past-it ALF to repeatedly stink it up… fucking hell.

10 Likes

True, the point is that he knows he’s under pressure and still picks them…

1 Like

That frustrated me more than it should have. We should be a team desperate for the win now given where we are on the table, and we obviously are fairly ok mentally with a draw here.

1 Like

The only time this year that ALF has looked a threat was when Wood started and Alf came off the bench for the last 25. Even if Gurd is not as good as Donachie (he is) he will get better with game time so play him.

Almost every manager in trouble goes down that route and it rarely helps.

Could be Gurd is super uncomfortable playing at rcb and Wilko always plays lcb

But clutching at straws here

Retre gave Donachie the negatives of the compromising photos he has of Stevie.

1 Like

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

From that one must conclude Corica is clinically insane.

If we don’t sack Corica after this performance, we can assume he will see out the season

I doubt he’d get sacked after this game with the Big Blue coming up in five days.

1 Like

This.

1 Like