Round 13 - Western United vs Sydney FC - 21/1/22

One of the boys on the pod had a good theory that’s he won’t get sacked until mid-feb to save face against losing giving the Wanderers or the Victory the joy of causing Corica the sack.

Sack him before those games and outsmart them

6 Likes

Ah I see we’ve reached the ‘long diagonal balls that are easily cut out’ portion of the game.

Seems like this season has just ripped every bit of confidence and self-belief that Segečić started the season with…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sack him after the mariners batter us.

Fixed that for you.

We’re getting worse. Am I wrong?

It feels like we’re getting worse.

6 Likes

Stopped on the 80th because I knew what would happen. Western United are a horrid team to watch, they’ll kill football in Tasmania.

Diamanti is a legend holy shit “I have to say thank you to myself”.

5 Likes

Diamanti post game with the big “I deserved it” and “Thank you to myself”

4 Likes

Absolute worldview from Diamanti, but he deserved to score it as the winner in the Westgate derby other than us.

It’s also not drawing a very long bow to say most of the playing squad are not playing for the current head coach.

Honestly grant is the only player i would keep,the rest need to be auctioned off.

2 Likes

I pray that is the goal to sink Corica, would be worthy.

The players clearly don’t seem to care that much about this loss (demonstrated by the casual attitude when it was 0-0 at 75 mins, no urgency) and I can only speak for myself but neither do I. It’s one small step to Corica being gone and us moving forward from this mess. Board need to do something fast, this season is probably now a write off but we at least need to retain the faith of the fans and make a point that this hasn’t been good enough. Every game that goes by now we show we are more and more comfortable with what is happening out there, and we are starting to lose fans because of it.

2 Likes

We weren’t actually terrible, and created chances (xG was 1.64) but there is such a sense of inevitability that it feels more dismal than most of the performance.
That stat about our starting line up average age being 32, if correct is astonishing. Any promising young player in our club should be looking at getting out at soon as they hit 17-18.

5 Likes

You’re 100% right. Jake Hollman got out pretty early. He’s getting game time at Macarthur.

I’ve been of the belief since last season, just before the Champions League that he’s lost the dressing room. The players don’t have the faith in his tactics ,methodology or coaching and player managerial ability

Eh, Lolley, mak and Redders can stay

2 Likes

The replay from behind the goal was pretty damning, he was absolutely snoozing.

No one ahead of the ball so no need to be ready to sweep a through ball, and Diamanti has done exactly that many times before. Still a phenomenal strike, but you invite it by being so needlessly that far off the line. :sweat:

3 Likes